Home Buying in Lincoln Park>Question Details

kimberly.dun…, Renter in Chicago, IL

Who owns 1856 N Howe st?

Asked by kimberly.duncan86, Chicago, IL Tue Aug 28, 2012

The owner is going to rent to me and I just want to make sure that the person claiming to be the owner is really the owner so please can you help who do you know as the owner of this house as of right now.

Answers

9
Best place to check that is through the cook county recorders office.. Online is http://www.ccrd.info.
If you are thinking of writing an offer or looking for similar properties, I would love to help.

Mark Zatz
630-669-9532
tax records say Steel Kenneth A Jr. ...... its been on the market since 11/3/09 for 1.295m. wow, I think thier playing the real estate lottery game of life.
If you have any doubts, double check everything via tax and assessor records. Try http://www.ccrd.info and input the PIN.
Your agent and the listing agent will provide you with this information when you sign the lease. If you are dealing directly with the owner, then you might want to confirm through the listing agent that the person YOU are contacting is actually the owner. If you have doubts then you need to do thorough investigation yourself, NOT through Trulia!
Hello Kimberly,

If you are planning to be the agent for this listing then the best place to start is the county records. Search through the tax record information or the recorder of deeds. If you are planning to rent this property for yourself then I suggest you hire a Realtor to help negotiate the rental price along with the lease terms. At this rental rate it is always important to have a team looking out for your best interest. If your intentions are the latter than take time to interview two or three agents. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me. Either way Good Luck!!!!
Look it up through the tax records.
Cook County Recorder of Deeds has the correct name,
Steel Kenneth, per tax records. He over paid in 2003 and asking a lot for rent!!
I believe its Thomas R Mullikan but I could be wrong you should check the mail box or ask a neighbor