Home Buying in Shirley>Question Details

Davia, Home Buyer in Queens Village, Queens...

Who is the department of buildings for shirley?

Asked by Davia, Queens Village, Queens, NY Mon Aug 18, 2008

I need to find out if the property i am buying has C/O's for the additions that were put on. How do I go about that? Who can I call and how much will it cost me?

Help the community by answering this question:


The Department of Building is Brookhaven Town, 631-451-TOWN. (Ninja gave the correct info)
To do the search the Town will charge $25/- and no guarantee if they have information, if you give them check then no search will start until the check is clear, so it's best to give the cash to start the work right away, also be there in person.. Your atty should have all the details and paperwork form the seller, you can ask him and also ask the seller directly for all the CO's. Good Luck.....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 17, 2009

The Town of Brookhaven's number is 631-451-TOWN. If you have to go there to check the CO's (and you probably will have to go there), the fee will be $25.00 and you should bring a copy of the survey and the tax bill.
Good Luck and if you need any assistance, please dont hesitate to contact me at 631-680-0079.
Nilda Tejada
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 16, 2009
If you call the Assessors Office at 631-451-6300 and ask for Building for Co's dept, they will assist you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 20, 2008
All of these documentation questions should be, at first, tackled by your sales agent and his/her broker. These are part of the buyer package of documentation that should come with the buyer's initially serious presentation from the brokerage people. Don't go for surprises. These documents are usually inspected, reviewed and importantly brought up to snuff by you, your attorney ( and title guys) and then assembled in an open format for contract signing and eventual closing. That is gererally the progression, so to speak. This is serious stuff and you personally should get out in front of it if you want your house deal to fly. I suggest that you and your attorney get all the documentation in shape so that your financing will move through closing smoothly. Your mortgagee can get very tough if the buyer documentation package is sloppy. It is usually simple stuff but it has to be dealt with expertly. On your end to get the ball rolling, start with a couple of calls to the local town hall, they will be glad to help you with CO's ...etc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 18, 2008
Shirley comes in Brookhaven Town..631-451-TOWN and ask for Building Department. However you have to go there in person.
To find out the CO status , you can go to the Brookhaven Town in Farmingville. It will cost you approx $25/- for the search and may or not find.
Ask your attorney to find out about the CO's, seller's atty can get from the seller. and if they don't have then may have to hire an expeditor. Good Luck..
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 18, 2008
Call or visit (you will probably have to visit) Brookhaven Township. Try calling 631-451-6300 and inquire as to which dept can assist you.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 18, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer