Home Buying in Stamford>Question Details

taximan1212, Home Buyer in Stamford, CT

Who has the reputation as the most aggressive agent in Stamford? I'm looking to buy and want someone who will really fight for me.

Asked by taximan1212, Stamford, CT Thu Apr 11, 2013

Answers

12
Hello, Taximan1212,

To Laura's point, the first thing you should learn is the current market conditions and have realistic expectations. Your agent should be able to analysis the market and give you an appropriate range of value for the properties under consideration. Every negotiation is different; the cast of characters have changed. Rather than a "pit bull" perhaps you need someone who can up with a winning strategy. Years ago one of the biggest and most aggressive agent in Greenwich presented a low-ball offer to my clients with the "this is my guys best, they can take it of forget it". My sellers were appalled at her offer and attitude, they choose another buyer who was delightful and paid more money. When the deal closed, the first agent called me up and screamed her folks wanted the house and could have paid that amount etc. I said that if that was the case you didn't choose the right strategy. As Realtors we don't go up to the seller with a gun and say "you have to accept this lousy offer"!

I find that the best deals are the ones where both sides had to give something. They tend to stay together better. Good luck on your search.
Jay Cooke
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 12, 2013
Hello Taximan,
Do you really wish for an "aggressive" agent or one who is knowledgeable and experienced on the local Stamford market and is an excellent negotiator?

Please, know that the market in Stamford is no longer a "buyer's market" as many properties for sale are receiving multiple offers if they are priced well, in good condition, and have a desirable location. This means that the buyers have lost some of their negotiating power when it comes down to price and requesting credits for repairs. But...a skilled agent certainly will fight to get you the terms you desire.

Below, is my contact information if you wish to discuss the qualities and tools I possess in assisting a buyer to obtain the best price and terms on their home purchase. I work for my clients in their best interests so that they are happy and satisfied with their home purchase. Please, feel free to contact me.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
203-536-4802
laurafeghali@prudentialct.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 11, 2013
I work with Coldwell Banker Residential in Greenwich. My company has been ranked #1 for the past few years. We sell more properties than any other company and are involved in 1 out of every 3 transactions. Aggressive and Top Producing Agents work for Top Producing Companies. I like working in a competitive enviroment and My Team does too! We were ranked #1 Company Wide 2012. Contact us if you want someone who will fight on your behalf.

Richard Breglia
The Breglia Group
Ranked # 1 Team Company Wide 2012
Cdwell Banker Residential
177 West Putnam Ave.
Greenwich, CT 06830
203-273-3916
Click on the "Find an Agent" Tab above and review the local pro's profile pages.
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

I'm an EBA and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!
Richard Breglia would be my top choice. He is based primarily out of Greenwich but is hands down the best negotiator in the Fairfield county area.
I would absolutely reccommend LAURA FEGHALI of Prudential - here is her telephone number: (203) 595-6374. Laura has been living in Stamford for over 10 years and knows this city incredibly well, as well as the real state trends. She will offer knowledge like no other real state agent would.
Hi Paula! Thank you so much for the thoughtful recommendation you gave me here. I'll see you soon :)
Laura
Flag Mon Jun 3, 2013
Top 1% profile views on Trulia.com and probably the same for all major sites.
I work with many investors that are satisfied with my results. Check me out on Trulia & Zillow and see for yourself.

Richard Breglia

The Breglia Group
Ranked #1 Team Company Wide 2012
Five Star Realtor Award 2013
International Sterling Society Award
Coldwell Banker Residential
Web Reference: http://Richardbreglia.com
Really, Richard? Doesn't appear that you hold a top 1% of profile views on this site. You may wish to rethink your answer.
Flag Fri Apr 12, 2013
Hi Mr Taximan
I have a good reputation as an aggressive agent who is very knowledgeable in the local market. You will not find a harder working realtor. I work 7 days a week.

Call me anytime to discuss.
203-249-7430
Andrew Davis
Prudential CT Realty
http://www.andrewdavisct.com
I can't say who the most aggressive agent is. I do feel however that being aggressive is one of my qualities. I also always put my client needs first. Take a look at my profile and feel free to call anytime to discuss.

Best of luck with your home search!!
Hello Taximan - I believe you make your money when you 'BUY'. I have bought and sold several properties in the Lower Fairfield County as an investor, and for other investors as well. I bargain hard, and specialize in looking for undervalued properties.

Give me a call and I will show you why

Nick Gandhi
Equity Capital Real Estate
(203) 280 3838
You will want to interview a few agents and see what their close rate is. You will get a number of bids here.

Also, are you interested in someone who is JUST a buyer's agent or an agent that is just aggressive?

You can also look at their designations -- ABR is Accredited BUYERs Representation. GRI - is Graduate REALTOR Institute - which is a long process for serious REALTORs (Kinda the equivallent to a MBA).

Good luck with your home purchase and if you need a recommendation, would be glad to help.

Cassandra Bickel, REALTOR
Hi Cassandra,

Thank you for your quick reply! I have never purchased a home so this is a new process for me. I have negotiated and closed many deals in business but I have no real estate experience. I guess I am concerned that although this will be the last house I buy, it certainly is not the last deal for any agent. For this reason, I see a slight conflict of interest because an agent may be reluctant to play hardball with other agents who he/she would have to work with again inevitably . How can I really know someone is on my side?
Flag Thu Apr 11, 2013