Home Buying in Montana>Question Details

Mollyp3, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

Who closes in a real estate transaction in MT?

Asked by Mollyp3, San Diego, CA Fri Jul 17, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


Joede Vanek’s answer
Hi Molly. Generally when closing a real estate transaction, each party (the buyer and the seller) with their representation (real estate agent) signs the closing paperwork at a title company. The title company acts as a third party to assist with the titlework and funds management.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 17, 2009
Good morning Molly,

In Montana, real estate transactions typically close at a Title and Escrow Company. In Helena, we use Helena Abstract and Title, First Montana Title, Rocky Mountain Title or Surety Title.

Usually the only parties present in the closing room are the Buyer or Seller along with the escrow officer, lender (for Buyer only) and the party's real estate agent. This does not mean that finding a good real estate attorney in not necessary - you may still want to consider having representation!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 17, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Montana > Home Buying in Montana > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer