Home Buying in 93314>Question Details

Clipofblanks, Home Buyer in Bakersfield, CA

Who can I get in contact with to get help on purchasing my first home? I have a itin number but no social security number.

Asked by Clipofblanks, Bakersfield, CA Thu Aug 22, 2013

I am very serious on purchasing a home. One realtor that I have gone seen gave me vague answer. Rosedale / Shafter ca area

Help the community by answering this question:


Alex Greer’s answer
I can certainly help you out there.You can call me at 408-352-5147 or email me at AGreer@themortgageoutlet.com. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com. I will look at your situation and present you with some options.

Alex Greer
NMLS #1056079
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 22, 2013
When it comes to a loan it may be hard to find a lender that's willing to give you a mortgage without a social security number. Luckily, there are some lenders, like myself, that are able to give loans without having a social security number. I am a lender out of Southern California and I have done loans all over California, some of which the borrower did not have a social security number, so I am more than willing to help you out with your situation.

If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me through the information on my profile page!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 24, 2014
If you need financing we have a list of Mortgage Companies in Bakersfield, CA that we have had past success with, who may be able to help. If you are paying cash give me a call so we can look into this together.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 9, 2013
I have a friend in the mortgage business that can lend to you, but you need 30% down, the rates are low but they are adjustable mortgages.

Once you have the pre-approval any realtor can help you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 23, 2013
The first question that should have been asked is are you planning on financing or paying for your purchase with cash? The mortgage brokers just assume that you will be financing, the Realtors usually ask first and many will have different resources for different situations.

Best of luck on your first home purchase.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 23, 2013

Obtaining a loan for a Foreign National or a Non-Permanent Resident Alien (NPRA) is not much different than doing a loan for a US Citizen or for a Permanent Resident. We require credible documentation for 2 yrs. + year-to-date Income, credit report or alternative credit to demonstrate ‘A’ quality credit worthiness, and seasoned funds in a known financial institution (does not have to be seasoned in a US bank account). Translation of documents may be necessary if the originals are not in English.

Foreign Nationals:

You have no Green Card and no VISA.
No Credit required…but four credit references required – alternate credit from country of origin is okay…international credit reports are also acceptable. (We usually Google your Country of Origin to determine if they have credit reports & tax filing).
Max 50% Loan-to-value.
Minimum loan amount of $300,000.
We require 2-years income verification history but it is not necessary to have U.S. tax returns…Tax documents from country of origin are okay. If your country of origin does not require to file the equivalent of tax returns, then we need an employment letter on your company's letter head explaining compensation. If the employment letter is in a language other than English we need to get a statement from a tax preparer or equivalent that can provide evidence of your credentials by translating the documents…it must be on letterhead so that we can verify the company through 3rd party sources.
We must be able to source seasoned assets in a known verifiable worldwide financial institution (i.e., Credit Suisse, HSBC, UBS, Bank of Tokyo)…the funds may not be in an Institution which cannot be verified. The main reason for sourcing the income and assets is for OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) which monitors foreign countries, regimes, known terrorists, etc.

Tax Preparer or Equivalent – Financial Analysis:
If the income and asset documentation is in a foreign language, we might have to hire an Accountant/CPA (tax preparer or equivalent) to analyze, interpret, convert and present the information in such a way so our Underwriter can easily understand. That is, have a comprehensive summary and accounting of thyour financial position. (Tip: All U.S. Embassies provide translation services).

You must have a Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number (TIN) which can be easily acquired through an Accountant/CPA or visit the IRS website that explains what and how to get a TIN. As long as you have applied for the TIN, we can proceed….
Passport and second form of ID required.
Power of Attorney (POA) is not allowed. You, if not present in the US, will have to go to an American Consulate to sign and have loan documents notarized.
Verification of existing Mortgage/Rent is required for previous 12 months.
Reserves of 12-months full debt service required (including all payments, cars, etc.).

Feel free to contact me
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 22, 2013
Hi There,

The best advice any Realtor can give to you would to go and see a credible mortgage lender. They are the ones that are going to be able to help you get qualified. There are so many different options and programs available that the lender would need to go over with you to find the right program to get you a loan. From there a good Realtor can find the perfect house. It really takes a team of people, and while many of us realtors know a thing or two financing it's really not our specialty so we need to leave that part of it up to the loan guys. If you like I could refer you to a great lender here in the Bakersfield area and when your ready I just happen to know of a really great agent ;-)

My number is 661-703-6386 if you have any questions or want that contact info for the lender.

Jenny Cameron
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 22, 2013
As long as you have a TIN, we can proceed

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 22, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer