Home Buying in Columbus>Question Details

jobu71x, Home Buyer in Columbus, OH

Who are the best new home builders in Columbus, Ohio?

Asked by jobu71x, Columbus, OH Tue Mar 12, 2013

Answers

11
Molly Hay,SFR,CDPE & CNHS’s answer
This is a great question! I have worked for numerous home builders as a new home consultant for 10 years. Each builder is so different. The warranties, materials, and contractors all vary depending on the builder/location. I would love to help you find the perfect builder for your family. There are a few builders in the area you are looking at that offers: quality, premium location and home sites, and state of the art design centers. Keep in mind I am a free service to you and I have the experience you need behind you when buying a new build. I know what questions to ask, what paperwork is needed and the ends and outs of the building process! Hay.molly@gmail.com or 614-581-2086
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 17, 2013
What about New Albany??
Flag Thu Aug 21, 2014
Why are people to shy to just list some builders and tip toe around the question?
Rockfordhomes are the best home builders in Columbus Ohio, Visit website http://www.rockfordhomes.net/
Hi there,

I would stay away from Fisher & Maronda in this price range. From here, there are production builders whose quality varies from house to house, depending on the foreman in charge. Some builders have had to cut corners in recent years due to the economy so it's best to ask a lot of questions in regards to the quality of materials (I've noticed this with cabinetry & windows all the way to foundations, etc).

I ran an MLS search for you based on the school districts & geographical areas you noted. Here are the results (there are a lot of resales as well...is that an option or no?) -

I would love to help you find the perfect home for you & your family! Please message me if I can be of further assistance.

Haley Weaver
haleyrealtor@gmail.com
It is a smaller company but really works with the buyer to build the type of home they want in the location they want, and I feel have a strong focus on quality. You can call me as well 614-282-1544
I may be biased on this one but check out http://www.premierlivinghomes.com if you are not familiar with them. If you want more specific information about the company message me. I have worked with the company before and like their work. I could show you the model home in Hilliard and you can see the quality of material for yourself.
Please Call me to discuss the best builder for your Needs. Tracy 614-269-1624.
We are are only interested in looking in these School Districts: Dublin, Olentangy, Upper Arlington, and Worthington, while still staying west of 315. One additional concern is that we want to avoid being close to train tracks. Our price range is up to $450k.
What area's and what price range. That makes alot of difference in your selection of Builders and who I would recommend. If interested you can contact me at tammysellscolumbus@gmail.com.
Flag Tue Mar 12, 2013
I should have been more clear in my question. I am most concerned about the quality of the homes being built by the different builders. My wife and I have toured several builders models, and in some cases we have been appalled at the lack of quality in some of those houses. With a new baby in our family, the quality of our future home and the integrity of the builder to stand behind their product is of paramount importance to us.
The answer to your question isn't as cut and dry as that. While there are several great builders in the area, there are many things to look at with regard to "the best builders" . Since not every builder is providing the same product as the next it is important to have a good realtor to help you navigate the many builders and find the one that best fits your current needs.

PLease feel free to contact me for assistance in locating the builder that best suits your needs.

Tracy
Thank you for responding, Tracy. I should have been more clear in my question. I am most concerned about the quality of the homes being built by the different builders. My wife and I have toured several builders models, and in some cases we have been appalled at the lack of quality in some of those houses. With a new baby in our family, the quality of our future home and the integrity of the builder to stand behind their product is of paramount importance to us.
Flag Tue Mar 12, 2013