Home Buying in Red Bank>Question Details

Elizabeth, Home Buyer in Seattle, WA

Who are the best mortgage lenders?

Asked by Elizabeth, Seattle, WA Fri Jun 29, 2012

I am a first time home buyer and I would like a safe lender who is not going to sell out. I have an excellent credit score 750 and have held my job for 20 years. I really just want to go with the safest, most secure. Is there a rating system of lenders? I have heard quicken is the best...is this true? Also, I was interested in doing an FHA. tHANKS!

Answers

4
I've worked with many lenders and would not say it's unanimous...its subjective based on who someone knows and does business with. Choosing a lender for most people is approached the obvious way - a referral from someone and then you get into the process. More important is to look at a wider net of rating of the company, and unanimous based on a nationwide review of a company.
Why? Because, the parents companies are most likely not in NJ, and your loan officer will not be much help after you close. So you need to do more due diligence than what you get here. For example, here is a link to reviews for mortgage lenders that may be helpful...this is not an end all, but you need to look beyond what you get here so you make the best decision.
Wells Fargo has been good in the past and their health as a company is good, but there are other contenders out there to look at that I believe are as good or better.

Here is a link to get you started. http://refinance-mortgage-review.toptenreviews.com/

Good luck. Tom Hinz http://www.shortsaletosell.com
It is unanimous - Wells Fargo. I've got a contact I like very much - works very much the way I do, highly professional, responsive and service-driven. Send me a quick email and I will gladly provide the contact info.

Wells originates the majority of mortgage loans now. They do a good job and their preapproval is respected in the industry. Taking it down one more notch, the particular rep you work with will make a difference. "My guy" is fantastic - I'll watch for your inquiry if you'd like his info.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Wells Fargo is fabulous. I have a few reps there, if you would like their numbers.
Also, Diane Turton Realtors preferred company is Prospect Mortgage.
Most mortgage lenders can get you an FHA loan. But, since you are in a very competitive market, if you can afford to put down more, you should. Down payments and mortgage amounts weigh heavily when considering one offer vs another.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
I suggest Joe Verdicchio with Wells Fargo
He has done great work for my clients
Call him at 201 481-8190 or Email at joe.verdicchio@wellsfargo.com

Tell him Wayne and Patty sent you and he will take care of you.