Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

Cecilia Reyes, Home Buyer in North Las Vegas, NV

Which zones in las vegas or north las vegas are designated for farm animals. Where I can keep farm animals?

Asked by Cecilia Reyes, North Las Vegas, NV Sat Oct 20, 2012

How do I find a home in a zone where I can keep farm animals? Which zones would these be? I don't need acres just a place where I can keep maybe 1 horse and some chickens.

Answers

3
Hi Cecilia,

It depends on what kinds of farm animals, and how many. Most of the zoning emphasizes horses, since they are the most popular large animal that people keep, and the MLS even has a checkbox for horse-zoned proeprty. The number of horses allowed is different in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, and Clark County based on lot size. Horses can be kept on property zoned RE, or its equivalent. It is common to see a goat with horses in the RE areas as a companion animal.

Cattle are usually restricted to RU zoned land (or its equivalent), of which there is less and less.

A chicken or two, probably no problem; a whole flock of chickens, better have the right zoning.

Probably the best thing for you to do is determine what kind of farm animal you want, and how many. Then check with the zoning offices of the various entities:
N. Las Vegas (702) 633-1537
Las Vegas (702) 386-9108
Clark County: (702) 455-4314

Good Luck,
Mike Pristow, Donna Hodge & Associates
702-604-1001
Hey Cecilia- I live at the border of 89130 and 89131, and there are plenty of properties up here that are within the city limits of Las Vegas (and also some unincorporated Clark County addresses) that are zoned for horses, etc. In my road bike rides through 89131 I'm always hearing roosters and horses. Some equestrian-zoned neighborhoods would surprise you- there are horses that live behind the wall next to the Sonic at Craig & Decatur (Palomino Estates)! You can see the top of their stall as you drive up Decatur!
There are myriad other horse properties scattered around town, and currently there are 13 "horse properties" listed for sale in the Vegas Valley under $300K. Feel free to call or email me for more information! I hope that helps! -Andy
702-430-9599
email: Andy AT RealEstateAndy.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
Complicated questions- I dont know of way that you could look thise up- however if you look at danrivera. com and I get your comtact info I can call you back with a list of homes