Home Buying in Red Bank>Question Details

Harryp, Both Buyer and Seller in Jersey, GA

Which towns should I consider if I want to be within 15 driving minutes of Red Bank, New Jersey?

Asked by Harryp, Jersey, GA Thu Mar 27, 2008

I will use the commuter train 3 times a week from Red Bank. Maximum price is $655,000.

Answers

14
Please don't forgt about Middletown Township and Atlantic Highlands. Most of the areas that have been suggested are very nice. Middletown and Atlantic Highlands have old and new, pricey and affordable homes to choose from. Atlantic Highlands and northeastern Middletown are 10 minutes from Sandy Hook Beaches and ferries to Manhattan and have a great community feel to them. Good luck in your search!
Linda Haas,
Coldwell Banker Residential Realtors,Middletown,NJ 07748
732-671-1000x132
Web Reference: http://www.lindahaas.com

I searched for active listings in Red Bank, Fair Haven, Little Silver, Rumson, Highlands, Atlantic Highlands, Middletown, Oceanport, Sea Bright and Monmouth Beach. I searched price points from 600K-700K and found over 50 active listings for single family homes within these areas. There are also many town homes that fall within this same price range.

The train stops at Long Branch, Little Silver, Red Bank, and Middletown in this immediate area. Is there a reason you want to use the Red Bank train station? You can check New Jersey train stations at
http://www.njtransit.com/hp/hp_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=Hom…

Choosing the area that is best for you on the shore depends upon your priorities. Do you prefer a SF home or a town home? Do you want to be in Red Bank? It’s definitely a possibility within your price range. You can find a home in the hills of Highlands, or Atlantic Highlands or a beach atmosphere in Sea Bright or Monmouth Beach. You really do have many options, and narrowing your focus can be accomplished by having a frank discussion with a knowledgeable Realtor.

Entry level housing in Fair Haven and Rumson are both in the 400’s, with a fair number of options in the mid 600’s. You may find more in Fair Haven in that price range, than in Rumson. There are quite a few options in Little Silver and Oceanport, which are both east of Red Bank. Middletown begins just west and north of Red Bank. Middletown in the largest township in Monmouth County.

If you need further information, or a relocation information, we have a comprehensive package including many community guides and maps which is available via snail mail. Of course, you can always call or email any direct questions, or come back to Trulia and post additional comments/questions.

Deborah Madey - Real Estate Broker
Peninsula Realty Group - New Jersey
Deborah@PeninsulaFirst.com
(732) 530-6350 Direct
(732) 530-7755 Front Desk
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 19, 2008
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Leslie - this question was asked over 2 years ago.................I would hope that by now Harry is enjoying life in NJ - he might even be your neighbor!! :)
I am a Broker Manager in Red Bank NJ with Briandavid Realtors. I would say that Holmdel, Middletown, Lincroft or Fair Haven are all fabulous towns definately within 15 min or less to Red Bank. Please feel free to reach out me me as these are the areas I deal with most. All have super school systems as well and close to the Navesink River. Very beautiful areas
My family and I live just across the Hwy 35 Bridge from Red Bank in Middletown, NJ. My wife takes the Belford Ferry into Manhattan each morning and when it's not running (one or twice a year) she take the train in. We are less then 5 minutes from Red Bank train station and 10 minutes to the Middletown Train Station. Our house is listed for Rent and for purchase on ForSaleByOwner.com. We are two blocks from the Navesink River and we only have 4 neighbors on our entire street. If your interested in seeing our house call me directly or visit my ForSaleByOwner.com link below.

Chris Walters
Harry,
Saw you postingand wanted to offer youmy services. I Work for a bank in the lendingdepartment insouth jersey. We actually specialise in Jumbo mortgages in NJ,NY,and CT. Our rates on Jumbo Mortgages are at least half a point to a point below everyone else. Our 30 year fixed rate on loans betweek 417k to 1million is at 6.5% and our arm mortgages ( i.e. 5 year are) is as low as 5.75%. I would love to take a few minutes to talk to you regarding your mortgage financing. Feel free to call me at any time.

Alina Kanevsky
Lending Specialist

Mid Atlantic Capital
405 Kings Highway South
Cherry Hill, NJ, 08034
Phone: 856-429-2207
Toll Free: 800-232-5171 ext. 501
Fax: 856-429-4118

Email: akanevsky@midacap.com
Web Address: http://www.midacap.com
Hi , My Recommendation would be Tinton Falls, Middletown, LIttle Silver and Oceanport. These areas are well maintained and have an excellent school system. I think you will find it very accomodating to red bank.

Steve Porzio
Realtor Associate
732 691 1668
Wall Twp has a lot to offer. Excellent schools, convenient to most of the major highways, only 5 miles to Spring Lake beaches. You can check out the demographics for all the towns mentioned at my website, below.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Hello!

In my opinion, very good towns on the shore within 15 minutes of Red Bank are: River Plaza, Lincroft, Oceanport, Little Silver, Monmouth Beach, Tinton Falls.

The questions to you are: Do you have children?, How big of a lot you are looking for? Are you looking for a fixer upper-newly renovated-new?, How do you feel about taxes? What type of house are you looking for?, How long do you plan to stay in the house you will purchase?

These are questions that will make you think about, and guide me as a realtor what your lifestyle is, and where you will be most comfortable. Remember, This is a big investment, and you should not settle.

Get it right the first time, and do not be sorry later.

Have a great day!

Justin
For the past 18 years I have driven door to door from Lincroft to the hospital in RB for work in 12 minutes (due to traffic) and 8 minutes for social activities at night. Lincroft has the best homes/neighborhoods/schools for the money. Fair Haven and Little Silver are also very good, as are some sections of Middletown proper.
You should look into Middletown, New Jersey. It is close to Red Bank, has great schools and great houses. Also check out Woodward Realty Group for an agent. I used them and found them extremely helpful and very nice. Good Luck!!!!
Hello, I live in Ocean Township, the Wanamassa section. We are 15 minutes or less from Red Bank. Also, there are other commuter train stations along the way, ex) Long Branch, Allenhurst, Asbury Park.
I have my home for sale, I have not listed it yet, but it is $409K.
If you'd like to contact me, just reply to this answer, with your email,
and I will email you with more info.
Please no realtors.
My home is in Freehold Township on Route 537 and I am about 20 min to Red Bank. Areas that are good as far as location are Marlboro,Matawan,Red Bank itself is lovely depending on your needs,Tinton Falls,Shrewsbury, and there are homes in Colts Neck you can get into that are very nice as well.It really depends on your specific needs as the locations all have different things that make them great, and in that price point you do have some choices.
Good luck with your home search, Jamie Stimpson
Marlboro, Morganville, Howell have plenty of homes to choose from - particularly new construction. You should be able to find something in your price range although I don't have the MLS down in Monmouth County to check this out thoroughly although I know plenty of people who are happy in those areas.
I hope I, at least, pointed you in one direction and that I have been of help.
Sandra Bolcar
Broker Associate
RE/MAX VILLAGE SQUARE
Upper Montclair, NJ
973-744-7722
sandra@thecrosskeysteam.com