Home Buying in Brewster>Question Details

Lizziewilla, Other/Just Looking in

Which town would be more recommended for a 2nd home for retired persons between West Yarmouth or Dennis?

Asked by Lizziewilla, Sat Nov 12, 2011

Answers

10
It depends on what you are looking for. West Yarmouth is closer to Hyannis (the HUB of the Cape), so if you want lots of activities, closer to the Hub would be better for that. Dennis does have beautiful beaches though... it's a tough call! The best thing to do is see homes in the areas you are interested in. If you have not already started looking & are not contractually bound with an agent, give us a call @ 508-790-2000 & we can help you find that special place to call home. We are a family real estate company & our team has been the top selling on ALL of Cape Cod many times over.I have included our testimonials in the link below. You can also search here with no obligation to you ->http://www.capecodrealestateservices.com/search.asp
Best -
The Marie Souza Team - Top Selling on Cape Cod
http://www.capecodrealestateservices.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 17, 2011
The answer would depend on several factors like your preference of beaches, golf, the amount you can spend, interests, and even where your friends have purchased.

The best place for you would be where you could find a house with everything you wanted at a price you can afford.

If you need help, give me call.

Trish Graham
508-963-9666
tgraham@kinlingrover.com
Did you make any decisions? It's always nice to hear an update.
Cape Cod Real Estate Services
508-790-2000
info@mariesouzateam.com
Well, did you end up purchasing here? Curious to hear an update!
Flag Wed Nov 28, 2012
That's an easy question...Dennis!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 13, 2011
Ooooooh, The Cape.

It's all good...I would just say that the upper Cape is a little more congested during the summer season but if you are serious about buying there, I'm sure you already realize this.

I've always believed that the perfect life would be the Cape in the summer and Venice, Florida during the winter.

Best of luck,

I'd choose Fallouth. All that the others have, plus more waterfront that any town in the US, and a year round economy - when the tourists go home, the shops stay open. closer to Boston or Providence, and we still get our trash picked up every week - simple things that are nice ;^]
Web Reference: http://www.capegroup.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 12, 2011
I will echo what's been said, both are great towns. I live in Yarmouth Port and love it here. Both towns have lots of activities for retirees, Dennis has 2 public golf courses, as does Yarmouth. Dennis has some world class beaches. Both have small homes with small price tags, and larger ones with bigger prices.
Volunteer activities are plentiful in both towns as well, and even opportunities for seasonal part-time work.

Please let me know if you want more information:
marieseufert@coldwellbankerjmw.com
As Realtors, we can't reccomend one town over another. So its best to establish what amenities a community should offer to you. Do check the Check the crime rate and other quality of life issues on-line.
Theres a website called "zip skinny.com" that I like. It tells about each towns demographics.
I also serve & live in Harwich & Brewster which are among the most popular towns for retireees. Good homes there as low as 260k. All four of these towns are close to the Hospitals and have year round services that the Outer Cape towns do not enjoy. Dennis has one of the lowest Tax rates on the Cape and is affordable with mnay cultural attractions.
Thats the reason a retired client just bought a sweet ranch house near police station for only $170,000.
As a long time leading Broker here I'm glad to assist you with any other questions. Thom @thomscape.com.
Given the proximaty of each town and thier similarities it may be worth looking into both towns which would allow for a broader selection of houses to choose from. For example if a house within walking distance to the beach were importantant to you one town over the other may offer the house that you would prefer.

Would be delighted to assist you or answer any questions at your convenience!

Vicky Whittier
Virtual Homes Real Estate
Serving Cape Cod
C 774.238.2746
Really depends on what's important to you. Both are great towns. Dennis of course has much better beaches if your a beach person. Both have great Golf courses. Amenities are very similar as far shopping goes only Yarmouth is little closer to Hyannis for larger choices of shopping and of course Cape Cod Hospital. Prices of homes might be a little cheaper in Yarmouth, but that also depends on the area your searching in and same for Dennis. So now that I have left you probably just as confused as you already were HA HA, I really need to know what it is that matters to you to be able to make a an educated opinion of which town I think might be the best fit for you. Feel free to call or email with your list of wants and needs and it will help me help you.

lcannata@robertpaul.com