Home Buying in Weston>Question Details

Shoppingforh…, Home Buyer in Weston, MA

Which town is best for a high tech couple making in the $200's - Wellesley, Weston, Lexington, Lincoln or Reading?

Asked by Shoppingforhouse, Weston, MA Wed Nov 11, 2009

We both work in high tech along Rt. 128 and want excellent schools and good commuting but with a quiet lot and not much noise. Concerned that Weston might be a bit too rich for our blood? Is that legitimate? Why do folks choose Wellesely over Weston, Lincoln, et al?

Answers

10
Judy Boyle’s answer
Dear Shoppingforhouse,

You had emailed me directly. When I tried to email you back, the email was returned as undeliverable. If you would like to contact me directly, my cell phone number is (508) 561-7164.

Judy Boyle
judyboyle1@verizon.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 11, 2009
Sorry I missed the rest of the question... All of the towns you have selected have exceptional school systems. Those towns also offer a great commute (relatively speaking), to the city as well. The reason Weston gets to nod in most cases is because it is ideally located to serve all the major routes heading North, South, East and West. Wellesley has wonderful area amenities including great dining and extensive shopping. Lincoln and Lexington do as well and tend to be a little more affordable. There is so much to look for when coming to a new area- I would love to assist you in researching the towns and finding a new place to call home. Let me know if we can be of any further assistance.
Web Reference: http://www.walshteam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 11, 2009
To be perfectly honest each of the communities you mention is unique. However, Wellesley, Weston, Lexington and Lincoln are probably the most similar from a socioeconomic standpoint. The former teacher in me wants to answer your question with another question....old habits die hard! I would suggest the following; take a moment and step back. As a couple what would your dream community look like? Would it have a town center? Would it be rural with winding country roads? Would it have access to public transportation? Would your neighborhood have sidewalks or would the streets surrounding your home abut wooded land? Would you like to have a cafe to have breakfast at on weekend mornings? Would you rather have breakfast in your own breakfast nook overlooking your secluded lot? Once you can answer these question it will be simple to match you the best community suited for you. Keep in mind you are buying a "property," you are also buying a lifestyle...so how do you want to live?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 11, 2009
Hi There!

Before I can give you an informed opinion on what town/towns are best for you, can you please contact me and let me know what things are most important to you. I.E. proximity to transportation, schools, local or area amentities etc. I look forward to hearing from you.

Evan Walsh
evan@walshteam.com

I have my iphone on me now, so I can get back to you immediately.
Web Reference: http://www.walshteam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 11, 2009
I've found that Weston and Wellesley are still too expensive (and snooty) even for a tech couple making in the 200's. I would suggest Concord. Lexington really isn't htat quiet, and the lots in Ready are pretty small compared to teh other towns you've listed. Good luck!
Tough question. Not much I can add here except that I had a friend prioritize her purchase decision based on the proximity to a Starbucks. Also how many of these are in the town. Perhaps you can filter your choice by looking at public transportation access.
Web Reference: http://jeffchinloans.com
Given your most recent feedback I would suggest you focusing on the towns of Lincoln, Lexington, and or Concord. I think that these three communities would offer the best fit depending o the individual neighborhoods in each. Furthermore all three of these communities offers a variety of housing options. I wish you and your family the best in your search. If you need any assistance please don't hesitate to ask.
K. L. Santos
klsantos@kevinlsantos.com
Web Reference: http://www.kevinlsantos.com
Thanks for your responses. We have tended to live in towns with town centers in the past but we like some privacy and nature for our lot. We are looking for either new high quality construction or early 1900 era with charm. We want to live in a community that our kids will be proud of but one that won't leave them feeling 'entitled' and us feeling like 'paupers' by comparison to our neighbors. If we can have coffee in the next town over that is great, but we want a grocery store that isn't too far away (and preferably not just Whole foods for a choice!). We also don't want a tax-heavy town like Sudbury or Wayland (we think).
Thanks again.
Hi....

I specialize in the towns of Weston, Wellesley and Lincoln, and I would welcome the opportunity to work with you and show you these towns. There are many high-tech professionals who live in each of these towns, and as you know, the schools are excellent. In fact, Weston High School was ranked #1 by Boston Magazine in September 2009. Please call me so we can discuss your search further.

Lisa Williams
Pinnacle Residential Properties
781-267-2844 - cell
Hello, ShoppingForHouse,

Congratulations! You are at the beginning of an exciting and very rewarding process: in the end you will find your dream home. All the towns you listed are wonderful: each in its own way. I would recommend to list your priorities in terms of life style. It would be much easier to decide where you want to be.

Thank you