Home Buying in Sarasota>Question Details

Cindy Horton, Home Buyer in Sarasota, FL

Which southern FL coastal city would you like to live? Why?

Asked by Cindy Horton, Sarasota, FL Tue Sep 11, 2012

Lived in Key West for over 30 years,currently live in MD. I want to go back to southern FL,but not the Keys.

Answers

16
John Woodward’s answer
Hi Cindy:

That's funny you asked. Most everyone in Florida is from somewhere else. I just wrote last week about some of the reasons why I chose Sarasota. Hope this helps you with your decision and if I can help finding you a home, let me know.

http://www.realestatewebmasters.com/blogs/johnwoodward/26270/show/

John Woodward
Broker/Owner
Sarasota Real Estate Group
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 12, 2012
Cindy,
Which do you prefer:
Sun sets or sun rises?
Blaring horns of relocated New Yorkers or a gentle toot to nudge you along?
Parading the furs driving a Saab or joining friends for a midnight meteor shower event?
The opportunity for a healthwise way of life or more outlet mall strolling?
A new way of living or more of the same with humidity?

The quality of life factors and the expectation you embrace as you enter the next chapter of your life it the parameter you need to satisfy. Your location only allows you to express or pursue what is already inside you.

If you find yourself with interest in the Tampa, St Petersburg, Clearwater area, I can help.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group, Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 12, 2012
I live on Longboat Key and I love it! Key???Well, if you are not into geography, you may not know that Longboat Key is a barrier island just west of Sarasota! Sarasota is a gem of a community...It shines brilliantly with cultural events just about every day! And, evenings it glitters with live theater, entertainment and film! You could see a performance 7 nights a week and not see the same show! Missing live music...well you can choose between Opera, the Sarasota Orchestra or one of the many stage bands not to mention touring performances at the Van Wezel. The reason most people first come to Sarasota is Siesta Beach...yes, it is #1 according to Dr. Beach...but he does not appreciate the private inlets the locals love...and don't forget those beaches that appear at low tide! Sarasota Schools are fabulous...and check out Pineview, one of the top public schools in the US! Additionally, Sarasota is home to colleges, universities, a medical school, school of nurshing, school of pharmacology and many of the finest practicing and teaching physicians in the world! They all choose Sarasota....and so should you!

Need hlep finding that perfect place in paradise? Call me:

Diana Kryszak
Michael Saunders & Company
330 John Ringling
St Armands Circle
Sarasota, FL 34236
941-993-4078
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
Cindy Horton, It greatly depends upon your interests, lifestyle and financial requirements.

I prefer the Gulf coast and arrived in Sarasota in '85.

With high curiousity, I have spent time in St. Pete, St. Pete beach, Clearwater, Palm Harbor, and Tampa. Although, each community offers something slightly different and also something similar, you have to add in where to you have family, friends, access to excellent medical resources.

Each time I travel to other communities in distance areas, when I return to Sarasota, I appreciate the area more and more. To me it is home.

Good luck with your decisions,

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com

If you'd like to search the MLS like an agent in real time, you can visit our website and sign up for a free Listing Book account. You will be able to change the search criteria to suit yourself and received morning reports regarding new listings, price changes and recent pendings.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012
Moved from NJ over 14 years ago to Sarasota and never looked back. For sure Sarasota offers the best of the arts, beaches, hospitals, doctors, schools, and shopping but most important has a great mix of native Floridians, folks from many states in our country as well as residents from around the world. Home to the world class Ringling College of Art and Design , a high ranked liberal arts college..New College, the Ringling Museum, the Sarasota Opera House and yes our own Trader Joe's....what else could anyone ask for....Come and visit..you'll be won over..Jim
Cindy,

Known by the locals as one of the safest areas in the south as far as tropical storms, the Sarasota/Venice area offers residents peace of mind with their decision to invest in local housing.

Its central location is another positive feature that residents consider a huge benefit. An hour or less to Tampa and Ft. Myers, two hours to Disney and less than two hours to Naples. This area has the feel of the Keys but without the isolation and storm issues.

We would be happy to share more with you about the benefits of settling in our corner of Paradise. You have nothing to lose by paying the area a visit and see for yourself.....

Hope this is helpful,

Hi Cindy,

When I moved 20 years ago from Germany, I started a one week trip from Miami to Naples, Cape Coral, Sarasota, Orlando to Smyrna Beach and back to Miami. For me I made the right choice with Sarasota. But I have seen it all and it depends what your lifestyle is. Coming from a big City, Berlin I don't have the big traffic to worry any longer and there is still a lot going on Sarasota. If I want more action, I go to Tampa which is only 1 hour away. On the east coast is more activity, no doubt. The question is if you want that. The Gulf is more relaxing and to it is an advantage, that the water is most of the time like a mirror. In the Atlantic you have to fight the waves, which is fun too. But I like to swim.

You will find affordable and luxury housing in all areas. So the choice is yours, you have to decide what you prefer. You have heard agents from each side, now you have to make up your mind. Wherever you
go, you will love it.

Kind Regards

Werner Untrieser
Broker Associate, CRS, GRI, CIPS, SFR, TRC
info@2Sarasota.com
http://www.WernerUntrieser.com
-
-
FLORIDA MORTGAGE BROKER------Finding the “RIGHT REALTOR”

As a Florida Mortgage Broker who has been in the business since the 90’s, through the highs and lows of this rollercoaster called the Florida Real Estate Market, who has extensive experience dealing with realtors all over Florida, I can't stress to you how important it is to shop realtors in advance. But as you’ll soon see, there are a lot of realtors in Florida who want your business, so shopping for that “Right One” can be overwhelming! There are literally thousands of realtors to choose from in FL, and most are good realtors who will do a decent job and get you a decent deal, but as a 2012 buyer you want an Extraordinarily Good Deal!

They say that approx. 68% of consumers end up working with the first or second buyer's agent they contact. Unfortunately, soon after many buyers feel they commitment to working with the wrong realtor, but feel obligated to work with that realtor throughout the buying process, all the while wishing they had shopped more realtors in advance to find that “RIGHT ONE.”

So here’s a quick 5 item test to help identify that “Right One.”

Find one who:
1. treats you as if you are buying a $5,000,000 property
2. is willing to disclose good credit and scores over 700 with no Foreclosures, BKs or Short Sales
3. has a smart phone so they can answer all your calls and emails quickly throughout
4. is a broker or buyer's agent who does not have to split the 3% commission points
5. is willing to offer Realtor Rebate to buyers willing to get Pre Approved in advance

Then, here’s a simple 2 step way to get your Best Overall Deal…

STEP ONE:
contact the realtors you think you like and listen to what they say they’ll do for you. Then ask them to refer you to their very best “Preferred” or “In-House” Lender. Listen to their best purchase strategy and ask for their best written quote on an estimated sales price, on a TBD (To Be Determined) property address.

STEP TWO:
contact me, I’ll present my best purchase strategy, show you what my realtor partners can do for you. Then compare to see which team offers the best purchase strategy and your best overall deal.

You’ll be shocked at the difference you’ll find with such little effort!

WHAT MY REALTOR PARTNERS CAN DO:
http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/09/gfb_250_000_purchase
http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/08/please_shop_this…

WHAT I CAN DO:
http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/07/2012_loan_progra…

NOTE TO CONSUMERS: shop multiple Lenders and realtors for your Best Overall Deal!

Call me today, I actually answer and return phone calls.

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
-
Hi Cindy.

I'd rather live anywhere on the East Coast of Florida, from WPB to Miami, but preferably the further south the better. There's nothing quite like Miami Beach and the area.

The West Coast is much slower and laid back, as you probably know....both sides have their pluses and minuses, but personally I prefer the East Coast.

GOOD LUCK.

Scott Miller
Realty Associates
Boca Raton, FL
As per our brief conversation, we have the #1 voted beach siesta Key. Every year it is in the top 5 for a long time standing. we also have great health care here good hospital and doctors. very good golfing here , when it comes to entertainment we have it all the Oprahouse the Aslo theatre, the Van Wezel. Small play house that put on spectacular shows and there are many not just one. Fabulous restaurants. It is very clean here and the people are friendly which we found unusual coming from the north.There are many charitalble organizations if you care to get involved in this type of giving. The Sarsoata Film Festible comes here every year in April. We have the off shore boat races in July.There is so much to do here and if you do not want to do any thing you just can relax. Saint Armand circle is another attraction very posh shops and restaurants where it is allway a great place to visit to dine and shop. We mjust got the regatta rowers come from all over the WORLD to compete at this venue. We even have a Polo club to watch gergous horses run free. this really is the place I have traveled the world extensively and I moved to Sarasota and am very happy here, you really need to see it. Part of my introduction will be taking you to sxee these place I have just mentioned here not just showing you a few houses. Michael Beninato
Cindy:

Sarasota can't be beat. The best beaches, top 5 rated schools in the state, lower real estate costs than Vero/Boca/Palm Beach, less traffic, more 5-star independently owned restaurants than any other part of the state, and we're also known as the Cultural Coast.
I already live in one and like it. I would recommend that you do some research online. Go to the different county web pages. Read about the activities and things you like to do. Take a vacation and come down to visit the areas that are most appealing to you. Take a drive around the neighborhoods. Only you can determine what meets your needs and lifestyle. I would be happy to send you some information on Charlotte or Sarasota counties if you would like or see the links below.

Sarasota County Community Profile Link - http://www.edcsarasotacounty.com/documents/communityprofile.pdf

Charlotte County Community Profile Link - http://www.floridasinnovationcoast.com/SiteSelection/Demogra…

Tammy Hayes
Green Lion Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
-
What? Give up dim cool winters, crabcakes, Oshen City and watch'in dim der O's play hun? lol Have family from B-more.

If you are single, making good money, want to be where the action is and prefer the ocean to the gulf, West Palm down to Miami.

If you are married and have kids and what a lower cost of living, and don't want the kids exposed to as much of a..."who has what" and "who drives what" kinda city, then the Tampa Bay area.

===
Dear Cindy,

Having been from Jacksonville to Key West and Naples to Pensacola and most points in between I know the state very well. There are some amazing places to call home but many differences in weather, lifestyle and landscape; stay below Vero Beach on the east coast and Sarasota on the west coast if you want the best winter weather. We have found that northern Palm Beach County provides one of the best quality of life environments in southern Florida. There were many reasons we ended up in Jupiter to raise our daughter. The best place I can point you for a brief introduction is this article about the Jupiter area;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/2352/

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Recently we were out with a client who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Hi Cindy,

It takes only four words(and the "&" symbol) to answer your question: Boca Raton & Boynton Beach.
Both has GREAT schools, beautiful parks, a vibrant civic life and tons of outdoor activities. You couple that with a small town feel in the middle of a large city, and you have why I love both.
For all of those reasons,I will tell you that I moved from Southern California to here.
If you would like to know more, feel free to contact me and look at the web link below.

Pat Palmer-Realtor
Boca's Best Broker

Direct 786-286-6557

Keller Williams
2424 N. Federal Hwy #318
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Cindy,
If you're willing to consider a sleepy little town on Florida's east central coast, I would suggest where I live.

New Smyrna Beach is a great place to call home. It has something for everyone. In addition to a wide beach with sand as soft as talcum powder, New Smyrna Beach also has the Indian River with its inlet from the Atlantic Ocean.

We have fishing, boating, kayaking, eco-tours, paddle-boarding, bicycling, art shows, antique shops, a historic district, 50s-style cruise nights in our old-fashioned downtown, and lots more. Perhaps it`s the right place for you. Good luck with your home search.