Home Buying in West Windsor>Question Details

Proactivemom, Home Buyer in Marlboro, NJ

Which school district is good for children with Attention issues? Not a major disability but still need good school system and teachers. Pl. Help..

Asked by Proactivemom, Marlboro, NJ Thu Jan 13, 2011

Answers

6
With first-hand experience of sending my children to the West-Windsor blue ribbon school district, and seeing the assimilation of peers with ADHD and other spectrum disorders into the regular stream, I can say with confidence that our school district is well-equipped to handle kids with adjustment issues who need special attention. My children had the benefit of kind and caring teachers, and I think a lot has to do with their professional training at top institutions such as Columbia University's writing program and Princeton University, opportunities for growth, vast experience and exposure to a diverse set of students, which helps the teachers address the particular needs of respective children. We owe a great debt to our West Windsor teachers, right from our preschool experience in the district.

Also refer to the article (see attached link) on West Windsor being rated #1 neighborhood to raise young children:

Excerpt:
NeighborhoodScout found America's best family-friendly neighborhood in New Jersey. It is a small town that is completely contained in a single neighborhood: West Windsor. It is in central N.J., not far from Princeton.
The school district is top-notch, ranking in the top 7% in New Jersey, and the top 3% nationwide. Families with school-aged children are the prevailing family type here. It is also rated as safer than 97% of neighborhoods in America.
(More info on West Windsor follows on the N.J. state slide.)

Hope this helps! Good luck..
As a former teacher in West Windsor, Hamilton, Hopewell, Princeton and Trenton, I can accurately state that West Windsor-Plainsboro and Princeton address ADD OR ADHD best. I was a special education in these districts and then retired and became a realtor. I would be happy to share my experiences and expertiise with you. Give me a call at 609-903-9098 or email me at donnalucarelli@verizon.net You may visit my website with school information and comparing schools at http://www.donnalucarelli.com
Proactive Mom, I would be happy to refer you to my girlfriend who teaches special education in the Montgomery School District. She is very familar with the competing schools and can offer you details that you can only get from someone in the know.
Web Reference: http://www.paulcamuto.com
Consider researching schools online, and do visit in person the district(s) of interest, ask for a tour of the facilities, speak to the superintendent, principal, teachers, etc., and ask all your questions--then make a determination, where will your comfort best be reached...
http://www.greatschools.org/
Ah, just noticed, buying in West Windsor... A GREAT school system there also! I just listed and sold a great house at 5 Chandler Court, wonderful property. The house of a prominent educatior in that area.. email me with questions andI can get the inforamtion for that area directly from the hourses mouth!
Hi Proactive,

Good that you are doing your due diligence in the area that you want to be! When I moved from Brooklyn, I did the same and came up with East Brunswick Schools.. Now, my office in in Freehold Boro ( just outside Marlboro and I know the entire Middlesex / Monmouth County areas pretty well.

You will be looking in a great area in the Marlboro school system as their overall programs are great. I happen to know a few people that have children in the same situation and rave about the teachers and schools in Marlboro. I am just as enamored with the East Brunswick school system. Spectacular!

Give a call or an email and I can get you the information that you are looking for directly!

John Sacktig
Broker /Manager
Orange Key Realty
Direct: 732-213-1409
JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com