Home Buying in Longwood>Question Details

Vikas Wadhwa, Real Estate Pro in 60611

Which real estate brokerage in Longwood, FL has the largest market share?

Asked by Vikas Wadhwa, 60611 Tue Sep 21, 2010

Answers

9
Dora Siler, REA...
Agent
Longwood, FL
..BEST ANSWER
Although I do agree with Marty that there are very important individual attributes that make some offices more successful other than strict numbers, here is the latest report that I think you will find helpful.

Top Brokers ReportStandard Report
Published : Sep. 2010*
Price Range : 0 - No Limit
Prop Type : All property types
Date Range : Last 12 Months
Community : Longwood East - ZIP 32750 AND Longwood/Wekiva Springs - ZIP 32779

#1. Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
#2. Watson Realty
#3. Remax Central Realty

If you would like the full report just send me your e-mail and I would be happy to print it as it was too large for this space.

Hope this helps! Dora Siler, Realtor, ALHS
Coldwell Banker Residential RE
Longwood office dorasiler@yahoo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 22, 2010
And Longwood is but a small city in the Orlando area, near by is Casselberry, Lake Mary, Altamonte Springs, Eatonville, Fern Park, Lockart, Forest city, Winersprings, Maitland - all which have other Market leaders.

I, of course, would be the best agent in the area - but 31,903 agents in the MLS may say differently.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 22, 2010
The largest agencies in our area are REmax, KW, Wiekart(sp), and Coldwell banker. The largest market share is about 4% for the largest and the rest are normally below 1%. I suggest you find someone that answers questions and responds with correct answers.. like you say you want to stay below $250,000 and they send homes from 300-500k... not a good fit.

it is really a personality choice generally, and experience is usually a second choice.

Pick up the phone and talk to people and see how you click and if they can give you the answers to the questions you have.

Ken Anderson
ApexOne Realty, Inc
http://www.apexonerealty.com
I find it interesting that the only person on this page who clearly answered the question is an agent with the office who truly holds the top market share by both, units sold and dollar volume. Any agent with any company other than Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate, Inc. will dance around this question all day long without actually answering it because they don't want to tell you the truth. Market share is EVERYTHING. It comes from successfully closed transactions. Nobody else can complete with the exposure that Coldwell Banker gives their sellers. That is why they're the oldest real estate company in business and hold the top market share. Watson, their closest competitor in the area, last I checked, had barely more than half of their market share. Btw, I'm no longer in the real estate business so I don't have a dog in this race at all but it irritates me to no end when agents from limited service and/or discount brokerages that simply can't compete try and mislead consumers as to what is truly important when buying or selling a property. Quality counts and the proof of Coldwell Banker's quality and success is in the numbers. Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise.
Hi Vikas,

As you know, market share is meaningless to a Seller, because even a one-person Real Estate Broker has access to the very same MLS system to promote their listing!

Just had to vent... I was with Charles Rutenberg Realty over 10 years and recently changed to smaller more convenient firm. CR is fantastic business plan for independent realtors. They are unparallelled in their level of service and are truly agent focused. Only reason I left was for a company a with an office within 5 minutes of my market area and with more flexibility for me to do commercial and property management and with the same payout.

Alma
The largest number of agents in the Orlando Area, I think, is Rutenberg with 987 agents the last I heard soon to go over 1,000- but maybe there is a larger broker??????

Now, as you may know, some agencys go after nitch markets, some are big into REO's, some in highend houses, some just raw land. What kind of broker are you looking for??????
Hi Vikas,
I'm curious why you ask this question. I am an agent in the Longwood/Lake Mary area, if you need assistance with properties feel free to email. Agents work in many areas of the state, of course I will tell you my company does. :)

Pam Bava, Realtor
Custom Builder Realty
realteellc@hotmail.com
Hi Vikas,

The success of helping you buy or sell your comes from the individual agent.

Carli
Web Reference: http://homesbycarli.com
Hi Vikas.

Interesting question with a number of answers. There's largest market share based on transaction sides or based on volume. And there is largest market share based on individual office or franchise since several of the franchises have multiple offices in this market.

And of course there are other market share considerations like sides and volume per agent. Keeping in mind that a small company can have powerful producers and some larger company might attract part-timers and lower producers based on their business model or based on their fee structure or commission slpit.

There used to be a clear leader in the Longwood market but that office was sold to a different franchise so now it's up for debate. And I'm curious why "largest market share" in Longwood is your question. Some of the best agents and top producing agents could be with smaller offices and of course my favorite measure of market share is which agent would have the highest ratings among the customers they have served.

So feel free to contact me offline and I'll share some statistics with you about who is "#1" in market share based on whichever criteria you consider most important!

Have a great Wednesday!

Marty Hunt, Realtor®, ABR, CRS, GRI, e-PRO
Florida Home Team Realty, LLC
Direct, Anytime: (407) 869-7779
Toll Free: (888) 412-8681 Fax: (407) 869-8987
Email: mailto:marty@martyhunt.com
Web Site: http://FloridaHomeTeam.com or http://www.MyFloridaHomesMLS.com/Marty

See Thousands of Foreclosures and Bank Owned Properties! Go to http://www.OrlandoForeclosureProperty.com
and click on "FORECLOSURE".

What's your home worth? No cost, no obligation, automatically stay in touch with home prices and trends! Click here for FREE HOME EVALUATION & MARKET TRENDS