Home Buying in Apple Valley>Question Details

Gary, Home Buyer in Cottage Grove, MN

Which one is better? Cobblestone Lake, apple valley,mn vs Stonemill farms,woodbury,mn ?

Asked by Gary, Cottage Grove, MN Mon Jan 12, 2009

I am looking for a house in these 2 communities. I am getting a better deal, more house for same buck in cobblestone lake. Is it really worth buying a houe for more price in stonemill over cobblestone? I am more concerned about the crime rate and schools for children. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any pros vs cons would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Answers

3
Aaron Dickinson - Edina Realty’s answer
I think it is hard for anyone to give you a specific answer as to which is better... this is YOUR house not ours so you have to look at them and consider which is right for you. Both are great communities with schools with great reputations so it boils down to what's most important to you. All things being nearly equal, price may be more important to you versus location for someone else.

It's a tough decision to make, but I believe it is a decision best made yourself.
Web Reference: http://www.AaronSOLD.com
Hi Philip,

I see that you posted the question twice, so please view my answer at your first question. Since I live near Cobblestone, I can tell you a lot about the area. Feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions!
Philip,

First things first you need to find a realtor to help you wade through this purchase.

Stonemill Farms is a more established community and it appears that you are already familiar with the area since you list yourself in Woodbury, MN. The reality is that the crime will stastically be similar in each of the neighborhoods and that only leaves schools for you to consider. Be sure to look at the district as a whole and not just the local elementary school since some districts have great elementary education but the highschool leaves something to be desired or vica-versa.

Good Luck in your search.

Cameron Piper
Web Reference: http://www.campiper.com