Gary, Home Buyer in Cottage Grove, MN

Which one is a better community? Stonemill farms in woodbury or cobblestone lake in apple valley?

Asked by Gary, Cottage Grove, MN Mon Jan 12, 2009

I am looking for a house in these 2 communities. I am getting a better deal, more house for same buck in cobblestone lake. Is it really worth buying a houe for more price in stonemill over cobblestone? I am more concerned about the crime rate and schools for children. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any pros vs cons would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Answers

8
I am not sure how much you know about Stonemill Farms in Woodbury, but it is a fantastic development. It includes an elementary school, a central child care facility and has a great range of prices from low 3's to high 5's.
This depends on each persons preference to location and school they are both nice areas. Woodbury may be more expensive.

http://www.mnownerfinancedhomes.com
Both are very nice developments. I would call the local police departments and find out the crime statistics for the areas in question. Here are a couple websites that I have found to be helpful...
http://www.corr.state.mn.us/
http://www.greatschools.org/

Another question to ask yourself would be is where you see you and your family in 5 or 10 years.. Good luck with your decision! Let me know if I can be of further assistance!
Real Estate is Location, location, location. How does there locations effect your day to day living? Commutes, church, family, friends, hobbies. I would be surprised if there was a huge difference in crime or the schools.
Gary,

Both communities would be a wonderful place to live and raise a family. Both developments have easy access to shopping, transportation, great schools, and much more. If I were assisting you in your purchase, I would suggest that you get a feel for the surrounding areas of these two developments and cities. I am very familiar with both communities and recognize that they both have very different characteristics.
Both are great if you want to over pay for a big but not that big house on a lot that should have a 2 bedroom one bath rambler on it. Both also offer a drainage pits disguised as waterfront that will make mosquitoes in the summer bad enough to keep you off your patio that you paid double for.
--Posted the same answer on your other version of this question--

I think it is hard for anyone to give you a specific answer as to which is better... this is YOUR house not ours so you have to look at them and consider which is right for you. Both are great communities with schools with great reputations so it boils down to what's most important to you. All things being nearly equal, price may be more important to you versus location for someone else.

It's a tough decision to make, but I believe it is a decision best made yourself.
Web Reference: http://www.AaronSOLD.com
I would have to say I am more partial to Cobblestone Lake in Apple Valley. The amenities that are currently right next door, Super Target, and the ones that are planned, make it a fantastic community. I like the structure of the community and historic look of the homes. Plenty of variety too, depending on your price range. I live not too far and would be happy to answer any questions you have about Apple Valley.

By the way, Apple Valley schools continually rank high in the state and it is pretty easy to get around. They are also in the process of finishing a huge sports complex (baseball) just west of Cobblestone Lake, not too mention the future connection of Cobblestone with Brandjten Farms via walking paths etc. One pro I like about living south of the river, instead of in Woodbury, is the proximity to I-35, and ease of getting to either Saint Paul, Minneapolis. Hope this helps!