Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

Tedjr, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Which neighborhoods are hot to invest in for fix and flips in Austin?

Asked by Tedjr, Austin, TX Fri Feb 21, 2014

Which neighborhoods or zip codes are the hottest to buy a home and remodel it? Fix and flip areas where investors are looking and homeowners are looking for remodeled homes?

East Austin, North Campus.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 1, 2014
I have a gutted home I just showed a client of mine who wasn't interested. The price is 125K and you can sell it for 170-180K. I would be happy to show you this home if your still interested.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 28, 2014
Can you share the address at fhainspections@austin.rr.com. Thanks Jose
Flag Sun Apr 20, 2014
The problem isn't finding an area where you can fix up a home that will sell, it's finding one for a price you can fix up and still make your required profit. Our market is exceedingly active right now and anything in the central core will sell fast once it's ready. I don't know if Austin is the hottest market in the country, but it's one of them. We only have about a two month supply of homes on the market right now, and they don't last long once they go on the market, assuming the price isn't crazy.

Call or E-mail me to discuss your plans and how I can help you.

Ron Cullinan
Avalar Austin
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 21, 2014
I am working with investors looking to flip/buy in the following zip codes

We are giving map of Austin with zip codes to help you with your search. Email for additional info.

Mai Haselman, Realtor
Keller Williams NW
West Campus, UT. 78705
East Austin
Areas just east of downtown have seen tremendous investment by flippers in the recent past.

Finding a home needing TLC can be a little tricky, but once an investor discovers a diamond in the rough... prepare to be wowed! Adding even small amounts of square-footage to homes just east of downtown, updating their kitchens, flooring, and windows has helped property values rise.

South Austin and zip codes like 78704, 78705, and 78745 have been doing really well! An experienced realtor with keen marketing analysis skills can give you an idea of the selling ranges for flipped homes East and South of Downtown.

Feel free to reach out and let me know if our brokerage can be of any assistance in your analysis.

Jonathan D. Wood, Realtor / Broker
(512) 201-2994 office
I specialize in fix and flip properties. Let me know if I can help in anyway.
Urvi Austin Team
Ron and Christi are correct. Fix and flip properties are available in most areas but you need to put in the time to do the homework to not only find but also now what you will need to put into it. Time is money so you need to know what to expect and plan for the unexpected.

Hope this helps.

Don Groff | REALTORĀ® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com
Web Reference: http://www.austinlisted.com
Crestview, Travis Heights, Windsor Park, University Hills. We are experts in fix-and-flips. If you need assistance, call us at 512-924-6524.
Ron said it best "The problem isn't finding an area where you can fix up a home that will sell, it's finding one for a price you can fix up and still make your required profit. "

Everyone and their pet rock is coming out of the woodwork and wanting to invest since the market is thriving here. Because of that, margin is low - inventory is low. Opportunities are everywhere - you just have to be patient and look constantly - you will find it. I work with several investors and it's a daily - sometimes several times a day search.

You need to decide how much you want to spend on the purchase. How much you are willing to do to the house (for example: just cosmetic improvements or are you willing to fix a home with foundation.plumbing problems). Then you need to decide how much you would spend on the remodel and how much you could sell it for.

As I stated before, I work with several investors. If you'd like to talk about how I can help you pinpoint the right home and area, feel free to contact me. I also have a program that I give my "flippers" to help save them thousands in commissions.

Thanks and GOOD LUCK!

Christi Baylor, Broker/Owner
UP Realty
Hi Tedjr,

Here in Austin we have a lot of fix and flip renovations taking place. Some of the hottest areas in town are the areas where you would least expect to see high end homes. The prices in central Austin and close-to-downtown East Austin have risen so much that there are few good deals available.

A few years ago, Pleasant Valley Drive used to the dividing line for flipping in East Austin, now many people have successfully crossed that line and are flipping there. I personally know of several people that have done this successfully and have cleared $75,000 or more after rehab.

That area is hot, but there are other areas too, Windsor Park, Cherry Creek, and Gracywoods all are seeing renovations.

The key to success with fix and flips in Austin seems to be adding square footage, master suites, green building, and outdoor living space.

If you would like someone to help you on your search, please contact me. I have a team in place of contractors that can help with renovations along with knowledge of what a buyer looks for.

Jordan Gouger
Keller Williams
Doing fix and clip here in PA and am relocating to Austin. Need to know type of market on several ares. snolandair@yahoo.com
Flag Mon Sep 14, 2015