Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Trulia Houst…, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

Which neighborhoods are friendlier to young families?

Asked by Trulia Houston, Houston, TX Thu Jan 17, 2013

Answers

5
Houston is very spread out, and if you are not familar with the traffic flow you could spend much of your quality "family time" driving to and from work. My first question to you would be: Where are you commuting to work to? And from there, there are MANY outstanding master planned communities here in and around the Houston area. Some of my favorites for families are: Cinco Ranch, Woodlands, Bridgelands, Telfair, Eagle Springs. Each of these are on different sides of Houston, so depending your drive to and from work, one of these will work for you! Good Luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 20, 2013
Sugar Land got lots of great neighborhoods, establised and new built; geart schools; parks, lakes, creeks, trails for outdoor activities; nice restaurants, shopping, endless events at Town Center and a whole lot more!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 17, 2013
There are so many great master planned communities in Houston. I would start with the location of your work to determine what part of town to start with. Nobody wants a long commute. Bridgeland in Cypress is fantastic as well.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 17, 2013
That totally depends on which part of Houston you are considering. I would recommend that you get connected with a REALTOR that works in the areas that you are considering. For instance, I have lived and worked in the northwest part of Houston for 20+ years. Even though I can show you any property in and around the greater Houston area, I would still recommend that you work with someone very familiar with your area of highest interest. Most communities are going to be family friendly, unless it is specified otherwise (i.e. 55+ adults), but those communities are few and far between. Good luck with your search and contact me if you would like more help in the northwest quadrant of Houston.
In Katy it would be Cinco Ranch and Cross Creek Ranch without a doubt. It just depends on where in Houston you are looking. If you are looking for a realtor just let me know