Home Buying in Burleson>Question Details

J Lopez, Home Buyer in Mansfield, TX

Which is the most honest, big company realtors or home town small business realtors?

Asked by J Lopez, Mansfield, TX Sun Jan 13, 2013

I am a first time homebuyer with a particular sentiment for the dishonest and greedy. We can say a product of today's society.

Answers

7
Bill Posey’s answer
Story Real Estate
Bill Posey
903-388-2798

I still teach Accounting and Business Education as well as Computer Technology in High School and am a Texas Realtor and am proud to say that I would love to help you find your home but I have to admit, in Burleson, you will find everyone I know in the Real Estate Business to be above reproach. Our personal and Realtor ethics demand that we treat and perform honestly with all customers and clients. As much as I would love to represent you in your home search, there are many more just as honest and willing. Would be my pleasure to assist you in any way possible.
Blessings
All of your responses are appreciated. A very interesting point and common thread is interviewing several agents. Aside from my needs and agenda, what would be 3-5 good core questions?
Let's see if we can work together and treat you the way you want to be treated.
Interview 2-3 agents is my suggestion and see who you feel most comfortable with.
We'd like to be inlcuded in that 2 or 3 you interview and can even give you a list of questions to ask.
You can find them here:
http://teamlynn.yourkwagent.com/atj/user/AdditionalPageGetAc…

We not only want your business, but that of all your friends, family, and co-workers. We're never going to cut corners to risk your future referals.

I think our JD Power awards for Buyer and Seller satisfaction should give you a start with confidence in our company, but in the end it is not the big company or the small company you have to deal with, but the individual....so you want to be comfortable with the person who will actually help you through the process.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Our Keller Williams Agency sells more listings & more properties within the MLS 38 & MLS 111 area (which is the Burleson & South Fort Worth areas), than its large competitors. There are estimated 50+ agents within our office. I have reports to back up this statement. Some agents are independant, some work on "teams".

Personally, I have worked for another broker, but I believe in the Keller Williams philosophy, which is God, Family, & Business in that order.

I am an independant agent, a REALTOR®, which means I have agreed to uphold a higher standard of ethics.

I agree that greed & dishonesty is a product of our society, ultimately, I believe that laziness is the the common charachteristic you will find within the greedy or dishonest person.

The size of the company is no matter, I encourage you to find a REALTOR® to work with, one, which is willing to listen to your goals, needs, & dreams then work hard to match you with the perfect, affordable home. Someone you know & trust. I service the entire DFW area &I am up for the task if you would like to call me to discuss further! Either way-best of luck to you! Cathy West, Keller Williams Realty (817)681-3170
Most real estate agents are independent contractor, and select a broker to work for based on a lot of factors. It is the individual agent that you should consider and not which brokerage firm they work for. Interview several, to find the right fit for you. It is important that you find someone that will listen to your needs and help you throughout the process. There are a few in our industry that have given us a bad name, but for the most part I find most agents get into this business for the right reasons. They want to help you find the perfect home and help you from the search to the closing table and make your buying experince positive.
J. Lopez,

your concerns are well founded and based in fact. I can say this because I've witnessed this over the course of my career. However, it matters not the size of the company , be it large (which will typically hire anyone with a pulse and a license) or small (where to I start?) when seeking an honest, competent agent...it has everything to do with properly structuring your interview with agents and making sure you have an out if you find out after the fact that the agent/broker is traditional in their methods, tactics and philosophy.
I think any agent who has taken the time to pass the state test and advance themeselves by taking additional classes to become not just an agent but a Realtior will be honest. The difference you will find from agent tio agent is their work ethic. While large big box style firms have a business concept on working with many clients, you can get lost. Where some smaller agency's prosper by continuing to offer the old fashioned personal service guiding you through each step of the buying process. My tip is intervoew the agent and make sur ethey will offer what you need. Bigger is not better, hard working and attentive is better.