Nik Kumar, Home Buyer in East Brunswick, NJ

Which is the more preffered location to buy a house …Manalapan or East Brunswick, in terms of commute to NYC, and night life...

Asked by Nik Kumar, East Brunswick, NJ Fri Aug 3, 2012

Planning on buying a house betweek 430K to 490K in either East Brunswick or Manalapan, NJ..Doing my due diligence at this time. Looking in terms of commute to NYC and night life...

Answers

7
Nik-

Give a call. let me know what your wants and needs are and I can help you find that house. As an expert in the East Brunswick area, Marlboro and Manalapan, I can supply you with the information you need to make an informed descision.

Lets find your home.

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty
Direct: (732) 213-1409
Email: Jsacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 17, 2012
Thanks alot everyone for the response. I like East Brunswick too, but I am looking for relatively new townhomes (2002- Present) build, and not sure if the town has any. I will call some of the realtors who have posted below to discuss the house hunt further…its soo stressfull :-(
best of luck...take your time, go through the details and choose what suits best to your/your families needs.....but remember that it is difficult to get all requirements met i.e. home price, look, convenience etc etc.....so be flexible to come compromise and you will have e better experience...also choose a realtor local and living in the area.
Flag Sun Aug 19, 2012
Hi Nik,

I am a East Brunswick resident - Frost Section, we moved from the city 2-3 years back and one of the main reasons we chose east brunswick was 1. the school system (at the time my son was just 6 months) but we did not want to move later. 2. commute to NYC as I work there.
Our other choices were Manalapan and Marlboro, but commute from East brunswick is better. Plus from a night life option, new brunswick sort of down town are has better options.....but non of the towns here have the night life of NYC obviously....for that you either go to NYC or Philly.

Apart from the above, East Brunswick, Manalapan, Marlboro all good town......east Brunswick taxes are high but the town services apart from schools are great......

overall finally it will come to your specific requirements and also, i feel there will be no situation that one will find all the parameters.....go for the location that meets most of the important requirements and the others you will automatically adjust.....

best of luck.....
I think East Brunswick it better for commuting. We have 2 transportation center and bus stops through out the town.

Schools are great in EB. Both of my children graduated from there and are doing great. They really teach you to do well in college (Dean's List.

As far as night life, there are restaurants but if you want a club New Brunswick is a town over.

Contact me if you would like to show you around.

I was in the same situation as you are, moved from NYC to Oldbridge (rented apartment) due to wife's job but oldbridge NJTransit bus stop was easy to commute to NYC for my job.
After we decided to buy a house we shortlisted East Brusnwick, Manalapan & Marlboro. Ingeneral all these towns are convenient to commute to NYC. But from East Brusnwick it is the quickest commute due to the bus stops proximity to the NJTP. In Manalapan/Marlboro if you are far away from Route. 9 as that is the location of several stops for NJT Bus 130 to NYC, that will add to the commute time. Plus in the evening Rt. 9 gets busy.

We finally bought a house in East Brunswick. Now after 2.5 years I can confidently say that we are loving it. Also, we have a toddler son and the school system was a major aspect of choosing the town. Also, my wife is a medical professional and at the time was fresh out of school, East Brusnwick is a ideal location to start a medical practice. Overall a great town.

A suggestion, if possible try to choose a realtor that lives in the town that you want to buy.

Hope the above information helps. Wish you the best in your home search.

Ganesh
Can u suggest few single family communities in E.B?
Flag Sat Aug 25, 2012
Thanks Ganesh…Is there a realtor you would recommend?
Flag Sun Aug 19, 2012
Hi Ganesh, Where did you buy the house. We have a 5 years boy. We want to settle in one place. So can you help me with area.
Flag Sun Aug 12, 2012
East Brunswick lets you jump on the Turnpike faster. Manalapan commuting up Rt 18 is rough.
My best advice is check out the schools. Both are good, but different. Stop by and visit my open house 8/5 at 19 Thrush Dr. in East Brunswick..... I I will fill you in on all the ins and outs of both school systems.

I live in Colts Neck and I love it. Two of my kids graduated from East Brunswick High School and did well in college.
Thanks Bruce. I really like east brunswick area, but I dont see any new constructions for townhomes..I checked Meadow Creek in Manalapan, pretty nice, but desolate…I will contact you in a couple of weeks.
Flag Sun Aug 5, 2012
Visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.