Home Buying in East Point>Question Details

Aj83, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

Which is the better investment: East Point or West View?

Asked by Aj83, Atlanta, GA Fri Jun 26, 2009

I'm looking for a single family home under 110K, at the absolute most. I prefer older renovated homes with character. I'm also a single young woman, so I want to feel safe. I'm looking in East Point and the West View neighborhood, but am torn between the 2. Which one is a better investment?

Answers

3
Yep! I bought a foreclosure in Westview in Dec. 2009. It needed just a little work and I moved in a month later, and I've loved it! I love the proximity to basically anything in the city, I have wonderful, friendly neighbors, and the house is above and beyond what I ever hoped to get for my first home. I would recommend Westview to anyone, and there are still some great deals to be had here!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 13, 2011
So, Aj83 - have you purchased a home yet? My vote is East Point
Hi AJ83,
East point is up and coming. They have great shopping center in Camp Creek. As far as older homes go most of the homes are newer construction. My advice is to pick a few homes and go out with an agent to view them. That's the best way to get a feel for the nieghborhood.
Let me know if i can be of any assistance

Jay Tucker
Metro brokers
678.443.8486
Jay.Tucker@MetroBrokers.com