Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

Owner, Home Buyer in Hialeah, FL

Which is the best area to live in Las Vegas?

Asked by Owner, Hialeah, FL Mon Dec 10, 2012

I live in Florida and soon will be moving to Las Vegas
But I'm not really sure how things are over there
I have been looking at homes in Las Vegas and what worries me is that most of them have a association fee.

Answers

10
Ida Doman’s answer
I am excited to let you know Las Vegas/Henderson offers a unique quality of life to new residents. From quiet and cozy neighborhoods to bustling city landscapes. You’ll find one of the best living experiences right here in the desert. We have fantastic Master Plan Communities that require Home Owner Association fees you are concerned about, but there are plenty of choices without any HOA fees. Choosing the new area for your new home might look difficult at first but once you start narrowing down the city by selecting areas close to what's important to you it will get clear where you will be happy.
Please feel free to contact me via my website http://www.IdaDoman.com to download a free
Relocation Guide and to search for homes without HOA fees.
Best wishes to you
If you send me info regarding the type of home you are looking for I would be happy to assist you with find a home to purchase. The easiest way to get this info to me is to fill out our "Buyer's Form on our website here: http://lvrealestatehelp.weebly.com/buying-real-estate.html

If you have specific address you are interested in you can read below to check recent crimes and school ratings in that area.

Please see the following links to check crimes that have occurred recently around addresses that you plug in.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police website covering Clark County and the City of Las Vegas, has a page where you can search crime statistics. We've included the link below.
http://69.69.103.31/crimeviewcommunity/

For areas covered by N. Las Vegas police:
http://www.cityofnorthlasvegas.com/departments/police/CrimeS…

For the City of Henderson:
http://www.cityofhenderson.com/police/crime_search.php

This is the link to the Clark County School District. Again, you can enter in the address you are interested in and it will pull up the schools zoned for that specific house. There are reports and ratings on each school, this will give you a better idea of how well that each school is performing. Once you enter the address, you can click on the school name, then click on the school website and on their front page look for the "2010-2011 Accountability Report". This will give you very detailed information on each school and how they are performing.
http://ccsd.net/schools/zoning/search/

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
O:702-932-8813
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 11, 2012
Welcome to the greatest city in the world! There are some very nice neighborhoods with no association dues but you take the risk of having junk in the area, more possible renters, etc. If you can handle associations, there are two main areas but most homes in these two areas have Ass. fees... Summerlin and Green Valley/7 Hills. Non associatioin homes are more toward the strip or south west, or south east. The easist way to answer you is if you can call or email me what your budget is and I can give you nice areas with or without Association Fees. It's all about, Budget, Location, Size and type of home. We've been here since 1976 and know Las Vegas very well. If you need any information, feel free to ask. If you're into boating/fishing you'll like being in Henderson. If you're into snow skiing, hiking, biking, south west is good. Thanks, Kim and Matt

Matthew D’Ercole
Prominent Realty Group, LLC
Buyer / Seller / Property Management
Cell - 702.501.0973
Website - http://matthewsellslasvegas.las.mlxchange.com
It will depend on what is important to you. Do you want a place close to work, do you want to be in a quiet neighborhood or do you want to be close to the action at the Strip? You also need to decide how much you're budget is for purchasing a home. Having said that, you don't need a huge budget to find a great home in a great neighborhood. You can also set up something with a local realtor who can then show you around. I'd also suggest that if you want to be represented by a Las Vegas Realtor, have yourself prequalified so whoever you call knows that you are serious. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 13, 2012
Here is another forum that might be helpful...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 13, 2012
Never thought we'd live anywhere with an HOA either, but we found a great neighborhood with wonderful neighbors (not just a few but a community) with the HOA currently at $106/month and no plans to raise it in the near future. We also lived in a "regular" neighborhood without HOA fees, yet knew no one (except our next door neighbor). Las Vegas and/or Henderson varies. Get yourself a really good agent (I see Ida Doman has replied and I'd highly recommend her, seriously!) and you'll be sure to find the perfect spot.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 13, 2012
Thank you , What is the commision for a reahltor in Las Vegas , down here in Florida it's a 3%, 4% or 6% at times
Flag Thu Dec 13, 2012
Association fees in Las Vegas are not a major isue and they keep their neighborhoods beautiful. The higher assocation fees pay for pools and clubhouse. If yo don't need them, find a neighborhood without a pool and clbhouse

David Cooper Investor in Great Deals
http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 11, 2012
I live in a town home and the association fee is $19 I think the homes with association are very nice and well kept and most of the homes are new but
I really dont Mind a home with a little history I have seen through trulia some nice homes without associastion and they look nicely kept I just wonder if they are in a desent area
Flag Tue Dec 11, 2012
One of the hoiuses we own has an association fee of $60 a month, and they have kept the neighborhood upscale and clesn for over 10 years. Some asscoiations are worth it, some asre not. But don't let that scare you from investigating great neighborhoods that meet your needs and comaring the HOA des from those that don't have any

David Cooper Investor in Great Deals
http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 10, 2012
A big factor you need to consider is, where will you be working? If you work in Henderson, the last place you want to live is in the NW because you will be on the road 1.5hrs a day just for work! Then again, if you will be working at Nellis Air Force Base, you don't want to be living in the SW area of Las Vegas because of the commute time.
If you have children, are they involved in any special activities and if so, where are the activities occuring most often? If you have children, will they be attending private schools or what schools do you want them to attend. All of Las Vegas/North Las Vegas/Henderson is part of Clark County School District but each school can be evaluated based on performance. Do you have family in town and do you prefer to be closer or farther away.

I personally have lived in the west by Sahara/Buffalo since 1993 but love the NW Las Vegas/Henderson because of the slightly more rural feeling it offers. However there is plenty of high density developments in both of those areas as in the rest of the Valley.

HOA's vary drastically from regulating if and when you can have guest park in the street out in front of your home to very little input in what you do on your property. Suffice it to say, the higher the cost of the monthly HOA the more regulations can be attached where as if the fee is only $15/month, you know they will not likely have to many rules to enforce. Of course without the HOA rules, you could live next door to a house that is painted bright pink or someone who parks a broken down boat in their driveway and a 1985 RV on the street blocking your view out in front of your home. HOA's have both advantages and disadvantages. Your object is not necessarily run in fear of HOA's but instead to find one that is minimal but provides some protection against neglectful or annoying neighbors. Of course there is still a lot of homes that are not in HOA's but they tend to be homes that are at least 15 years old or more.
If you have any specific questions of communities, schools, parks, issues specific to you/family....feel free to contact me.

Best of Luck!
Valerie Edwards
Premier Real Estate
(702) 371-5533
INFO@AgentValerie.com
http://www.AgentValerie.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 10, 2012
Check out Aliante! This is in an excellent section of North Las Vegas. The schools are highly rated, there are family friendly parks, walking/biking trails, and easy access to shopping and the highway. We relocated about 15 months ago, researching for more than a year as to where we wanted to move. Aliante was our final stop. Bought a beautiful, affordable home in a quiet area. No crazy congestion like I found in other parts of Vegas.
There are many family friendly activities in the community, from movie night at the park during the summer, as well as a fall festival and the winter tree lighting at one of the close parks. Aliante has its own library, a casino that also happens to have a huge movie complex as well as good dining. There is shopping close by, from Costco, Target, Wal-Mart, several grocery store choices. We are very close to the 215 beltway, which is a quick connector to any of the other highways.
I would suggest you find a buyers agent and speak with him/her about your must haves and desires. The idea that you can find what you want in an open house is unlikely, there are very few open houses anymore, and you will need to get a feeling of neighborhoods as opposed to a specific home to narrow down your search. The buyers agent will be instrumental in assisting you narrow down that list and help you to understand the unique Las Vegas market. They can put all your parameters into a search for you and send all the properties that fulfill your desires into your email inbox daily!
As far as having association fees, any home we looked at, that looked like something we would be comfortable in, did have an HOA. Some areas the cost was prohibitive, but others the fee is quite reasonable, and can be considered a fee for the upkeep. Paving of streets, landscaping at the front entrance, street lights in the community, security gates are what my 78 dollars pay. (2 fees of 39 each, one to the "master" one to the "community"). Just keep in mind some HOAs have had issues with power hungry boards, but you should be able to get information on any particular board. If you google the name, and nothing comes up, all is well, if tons of complaints come up, use caution (but check the dates) Good Luck!