Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

Trulia Dallas, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Which is more family friendly; the city or the suburbs?

Asked by Trulia Dallas, Dallas, TX Wed Apr 17, 2013

Answers

8
Typically the suburbs are more family friendly; however, most cities are taking steps to keep cities more family friendly or to make them family friendly.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 18, 2013
It's subjective. What do you like? :-/
FROM A TOWN OF 600 PEOPLE IN NORTH DAKOTA, THERE IS NO BETTER PLACE TO RAise children than any town (city) in north dakota, my neices and nephews loved to go back to see grandma in crosby north dakota, i asked them why!!!!!! they all said in crosby, they know that they can leave after eating breakfast around 7 am and dad and mom wouldn't have to worry uncle darrell
I agree with Michael. I think major cities are getting more and more family friendly, and everyone knows the suburbs are great for families.
I say both. In the city, you are close to everything, more variety. B urbs, you have your community plus alot of commuting. If you need any help, feel free to give me a call. I am a life long native of East Dallas, which is convenient to everything, however I do sell in the suburbs as well.

Liz Renfro
William Davis Realty
214-924-9676
Lrenfro@sbcglobal.net

Liz Renfro
William Davis Realty
214-924-9676
Lrenfro@sbcglobal.net
Well Trulia, I doubt you have kids, but here's my answer:

Many parts of the city proper are very family friendly with nice neighborhoods and good schools, as are most of the burbs, which tend to be a little more family friendly due the greater concentration of families, and more affordability in housing. In short, if you can afford it, the city is fine, otherwise you'll have more options in the burbs.

When you have your accidental Trulia baby, name it Zillo, and call me and I'll be happy to show you both.

Beau Beasley
Coldwell Banker - Lakewood
Cell#214 966-2100
beau@beaubeasleyhomes.com
Depends on the family lifestyle & interests.