Home Buying in Columbus>Question Details

Apn0107, Home Buyer in Columbus, OH

Which is better builder for new homes, Rockford or Trinity? We are looking to buy new home. Please advise.

Asked by Apn0107, Columbus, OH Sun Apr 28, 2013

Answers

6
My husband has worked for both builders and I can tell you what he has told me. Rockford is a better quality builder but as a Realtor, I can't tell you that. There are certainly some good suggestions and input from others. Like James said, I would certainly compare apples to apples and also check the BBB to see their ratings. That might also be helpful. Everyone has different tastes, therefore, you will get variances in opinions from everyone. Stick with the facts. I hope that this has helped a little more.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 29, 2013
Thank you.
Flag Wed May 1, 2013
Doug is right. Though they are similar builders, they may use different materials. The roof shingles may be different, the foundations may be different, the plumbing may be different, the windows, siding, HVAC, flooring system are likely all different. Each builder will push their own product. You should find an agent to help you who is familiar with the different building systems and knows the differences. FYI, I have a CSP designation, which stands for Certified New Home Sales Professional. I have represented several new-home buyers, been on hundreds of home inspections, taken addtitional building courses, and I built my own home. Let me know if you need help. You should NOT be building a home without the help of a Realtor.

Jim
The best thing to do is gather the spec sheets so you can compare apples to apples, i.e. spec to spec. Banks usually need to see a "description of materials" so they can appraise it that way for the loan. I was the marketing director for a few builders in the past and part of my job was to pick certain "wow factor" items that would generate interest and desire. Then some other less noticeable specs could be downgraded to make up for the added cost of the wow factor item.

There is a reason one builder builds for $100 a sq ft while another may build for $80 a sq ft. The homes may look the same but there are differences that can only be noticed from the specs, and then over time in terms of maintenance. I'd be happy to help you with the process. Just contact me for help.

Doug Turlo, Broker/Owner
614-419-2077
dturlo@homecentralrealty.com
I'll actually answer your question. I have worked with both. Both builders are very similar and build a very similar product. They cater to the same buyers, for the most part, and build homes in about the same price range. There are certainly minor differences but in this market they are considered very similar builders. However, just remember one thing: with a new-build you get what you pay for.

Good luck. If I can help let me know.

Jim Deskins
Broker-Owner
http://www.Advocate4Buyers.com
Hello!! I would love to help you!! I am now a licensed agent but I also sold new homes for 10 years! I am very familiar with every builder in the central Ohio area. I know the ends and outs and can negotiate the best deal while making sure you and your family are protected. I am also a free service to you! Please call me anytime tomorrow! Also google: Molly hay Realtor or visit my trulia profile. My number is 614-581-2086 or hay.molly@gmail.com
I have represented buyers with both builders. I also have builder reps with both companies and can provide insight in to each company but I would prefer to do this directly via phone or email. I have a client currently building with Rockford in Olentangy schools too.

Feel free to reach out to me and I will be happy to provide you with additional information from my experiences.

Jeremy Bevington
HER Realtors
614-270-2880
Jeremy.Bevington@HERrealtors.com