Home Buying in Waban>Question Details

Roxrd, Home Buyer in Lincoln, MA

Which is a better investment purchase for a first time buyer of the new construction homes in the Oak hill section of Newton or Waban section?

Asked by Roxrd, Lincoln, MA Sat Jun 23, 2012

Answers

4
Have your buyer's agent check out the median prices in each area and consider buying in the location with lowest median price as your investment will likely appreciate more. Also have your buyer's agent pull data on appreciation from 2005-2011 sales and see which has the stronger trend.

That should help get you started!

Territory.com
Massachusetts Premier Buyer's Agency
Web Reference: http://territory.com
Roxrd,

Waban without a question. Also I am building 4 homes in Newton close to Countryside school and walking distance to the T. Love to discuss this and other options available to you.

Louis
At first glance, history would suggest Waban would prove to be the clearly better investment. When many people think of Waban, they think only of the $1.2--$4 million, 4,000-s.f. homes. But bear in mind Waban has a diversity of home values, with plenty of moderately priced homes built on modest-sized lots in the 1950s and 1960s, which I would expect to perform, over time, more like homes in Oak Hill.

If I were investing my own money in a given price range, and if my only consideration were investment value, I would bet on Waban to bring me a better ROI, especially over 20 years or more. This difference would be exaggerated at the upper price points.

I live in Waban so I am biased to Waban. It is a great part of town, easy access to RT 9, RT 128(I95) and the MA Pike. The Waban T stop on the green line is probably the best part for quick and easy access to downtown Boston.

If you would like to view any homes or have additional questions, please give me a call, 617-651-0081.

Feel free to click the link below to search for homes:

http://greaterbostonagent.com/search-homes-for-sale/