Ari Johnson, Home Buyer in Hoboken, NJ

Which is a better investment market for someone looking to put $70K into a property, Hoboken or Jersey City? What BR size apts have the best returns?

Asked by Ari Johnson, Hoboken, NJ Sun Mar 3, 2013

I am currently looking to invest $70K cash down payment in Hoboken or Jersey City. I am currently leaning towards Hoboken due to the attractive rental market characteristics. Is Hoboken or Jersey City a better investment market? Also, what size apartment (i.e. 2 BR) provides the most attractive Purchase Price to rent ratio? Thanks very much.

Answers

11
You will get a higher profit return in Jersey City vs Hoboken by investing $70k. With that down payment you will be able purchase a 2 family property in Jersey that produces 2 rental incomes, plus by putting 20% down no mortgage insurance is required. If you already own a property then you might need to down 25%.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 16, 2013
I would say Jersey city has a better purchase price to Rent ratio. but it depends where. Hoboken is less risk so the return will not be as great.
Larger bedrooms are always easier to rent and will have a better return. both bedrooms have to be nice size when you have 1 large and another tiny one it is almost like a 1 bedroom.
contact me to get a list of available units
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 3, 2013
There are many variables. I work with many inveators that do not want to touch hoboken but for the right price who wouldnt:
What kind of Propery are you looking for ? Send me an email mrp@grouptwentysix.com. I will give you my option and help you make a fully comfortable and confident decision
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
Hi Ari,

Great question. I'd be happy to help you and answer any question you might have concerning financing an investment property. Investment properties have different nuances than when purchasing a primary owner occupied property.

Please email me your contact info

SuePaerels@gmail.com

Warm Regards,

Susan Paerels
Sr. Loan Originator
NMLS: 340466
Mortgage Associates
NMLS: 178928
36-42 Newark St. Suite 201
The Clam Broth Building
Hoboken, NJ 07030

The Hassle Free Mortgage!

201-208-5699 c - best number
201-653-0077 o
201-710-5569 f
Hi Ari,
I live & work in Hoboken and have for many years.
Your investment in either downtown Jersey city or Hoboken will bring you a good return as long as you keep in mind most renters want to live in walking distance to the Path & Ferry. Also be sure to have a complete inspection due to the recent storms which have hit Jersey city & Hoboken even more. Flood damage is expensive to repair.

Feel free to call or email me to see properties in either city within 25 hours.

Kathleen

My name is Michael personette with grouptwentysix real estate out of Edgewater.
I work with 4 intense investors in Hudson county. We have a specific strategy for find the perfect property.

Could you please call me directly at 201 848 2068. I will be in be in the office at 8am, please call before 11. I have a few questions to ask

Continued success,

Michael
As an investor you will prob have to put 30% down, so you would be looking at a property at a value of $210K. At that price range, Journal Sq in Jersey City is probably your market. Please contact me and I can help you find a suitable property.
Again, need a good cap rate investment call me I ll help you out.

The Guardain"Agent"
Hi Ari,

All prior answers have very good relevance, however, if you compare Hoboken and Downtown Jersey City (DTJC) the big draw is transportation and proximity to NYC. Therefore, you truly have to analyze the individual properties with regards to price, location and proximity to transportation as in either case you will have a great opportunity to rent your units whether you are in DTJC or Hoboken. Although you will have individuals who prefer one area over the other.

Bottom-line: You need someone who can help you with analyzing the return of each property and help identifying the best investment with regards to return. I am very analytical and have developed my own spreadsheets as well as you other conventional means to assist investors that I work with.

Give me a call or e-mail me to set up a time to discuss your goals and I can help you with identifying properties to invest in.

Emil

Emil Veltre, RPh, MS, CDPE
973.868.4034
emilveltre@aol.com
My opinion, It is not the location that makes the investment worth while. It is the best bang for your buck in returns to put it simple terminology.

Google - Cap Rates then, Google 1031 Exchange eventually you may need to learn this or about this so you will know what your agents in accounting or attorneys are speaking of...GOOGLE Tax lien certificate sales for investments hidden secret ; many options for you.......email me or.call me for a phone consultation for your Real Estate investing needs. I will help you begin new financial lifeline that will draw a life time of cash flow..... Real Estate has great returns better than any financial institution. Where can you get a five percent return in a bank/credit union today over a three - four year term. My advise ... Let your money work for you not against you.

Some places you can buy two units for that kind of money.... It is no ones business, what kind of money you have on the internet... don't get hustled young investor.

Please let me know what your Real Estate interests are if you are serious... I am experienced Real Estate investor and Certified Investor Agent Specialist and Certified Distressed Property Expert....it is not something to talk of in a question box.....Email me at patrica@123realtors.com and GOOGLE TEAM EMANUELE.... east and west coast
Patricia

PS..the rental market is attractive everywhere.
Hi Ari, you are right the Hoboken rental market id slightly stronger. If you buy a condo for investment you would have to put down 20%. So, this would most likely be a1 bedroom condo. The Hoboken market doubles every 5-10 years. This is a great time to buy since prices and interest rates are still low.
I would be able to help you find a property and help you find a suitable tenant. Thanks David Bistany, Liberty Realty. DBistany@libertyrealestate.com