Home Buying in Santa Monica>Question Details

Santa Monica, Home Buyer in Ontario, CA

Which has the best investment value and safest, most desirable neighborhood: A condo on 12th st. & Broadway, OR, a condo on Princeton & Wilshire?

Asked by Santa Monica, Ontario, CA Wed Aug 22, 2012

Answers

9

The two areas to which you are referring are quite different in feel. The Princeton/Wilshire location is in the college streets neighborhood, Mc Kinley school district. It is populated by mulit-family buildings, both apartments and condos. It has a quiet walkable feel but is almost the furthest from the beach. Condos in this area range in price from $369k for a 1 bedroom to $950k for a new construction large townhouse style unit. Prices have fallen over the last 5 years but seem to have now stabilized.

The Broadway and 12th location while closer to the beach is also close to light industrial and commercial zoning though the city is in the process of redeveloping the area it doesn't have a cohesive neighborhood feel.

As far as whether or not a condo in either area is a good investment, Santa Monica in general has held up better than other areas during the recession and housing crash. I believe that now is a good time to buy with rates low. That said, inventory is also quite low which is pushing price higher.

I am happy to answer any question regarding Santa Monica and the Westside. I have been a resident here for over 35 years. Please feel free to contact me at (310) 270-7548 or by email at aaron.mirsky@coldwellbanker.com

Aaron Mirsky
http://www.NorthOfWilshireNow.com
When it comes to beach cities, such as Santa Monica - the closer your are to the ocean the better your chances of reselling or renting it quick.
At the same time you must consider other factors such as : price, condition, amenities , etc...

Please contact me direct so that I can provide you more info on these and similar properties in the area.

__________________
FREE Consultation - Please call now: 424-777-9377

Should you have any questions - please do not hesitate to call me Toll Free 1-855-TRUST-55 ext.777 ( 1-855-878-7855 ext.777).

Sergey Fednov
President/Realtor
_____________________
Trust Sale Realty
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55ext. 777
Toll free: 1-855-878-7855 ext. 777
Phone: 424-777-9377
Fax: 310-356-4925
http://www.TrustSale.com
http://www.TrustSaleRealty.com
* We Hire California Licensed Realtors - 100% Commission!
I've lived in S.M. for over 11 years. My son just moved into a condo at 12th and Wilshire. He loves the location. The closer you are to the ocean, the more valuable the property. It's an easy walk to 3rd Street. You've got great restaurants off of 12th St. Santa Monica has a lot to offer!
It depends on your goals. Princeton & Wilshire would be more more expensive. Contact me if you'd like more details and guidance.

Elizabeth Sorgen
310-469-0500
I used to live at 9th and Broadway and I have worked at Stanford and Santa Monica Blvd since 2004. I certainly prefer the 12th and Broadway area over Princeton & Wilshire. Many people have given you great answers about the perks of both areas so I won't repeat what they have said. I will say that when I price vacant apartments and condos, the closer to the beach, the faster they rent and at a higher monthly rent.
I myself prefer the Ivy League Streets in SM more than most other - NON north or Montana locations.

Nice condos,. less traffic, more sun !
Good Morning Santa Monica, Ont. CA

The city of Santa Monica is vast (5 zip codes) and has many strengths, each within their own particular zip code. The strengths are fantastic schools throughout, our own police dept, proximity to the Ocean, convenience to commute, shopping, dining etc...... that being said, the property values remain strong because the area is very attractive to most prospects looking in the area. the two neighborhoods that you are questioning is not a simple answer for a few reasons but a simple answer would be the closer to the ocean, promenade, fwy access and shopping would be 12th & broadway but the other factors to consider are building age; upgrades; is the Princeton property north of Wilshire?; torca or built as a condo; 12th & broadway is more commercialy & industrially mixed than Princeton and other factors that make that answer a bit more complex. I'd be happy to speak with you about which (2) properties you are inquiring about and give you my professional opinion anytime. i can be reached at 310.710.5214. As far as which is the safest i would advise you to phone the Santa Monica Police Dept. Hope this helps. Have a great day!!

robbie sikora
310.710.5214
Gibson International
Good morning,
Both of these areas are considered good areas..however, the further north you go, the higher the price.
Please feel free to contact me for more specific information.
Susan Bo'ur Realtor-Coldwell Banker
Santa Monica office
Susan@SusanBour.com
Both locations have their pluses and minuses. 12th and Broadway is a rapidly developing area fairly close to the beach and the Promenade. With the soon-to-arrive MetroLine transportation system coming to Santa Monica, I believe that this area only gets better and better. Princeton and Wilshire is in the College Streets area further east in Santa Monica. It's a stable and densely populated neighborhood with tons of services, restaurants, retail and lots of traffic - a very urban environment that is great for those who like a bit more of a NYC-style of neighborhood. I don't think you can go wrong in either location.

Bob Friday, Director
BULLDOG REALTORS
310.720.9979