Kaznalpac, Home Buyer in Northern Liberties/...

Which family friendly neighborhoods are best if looking to buy a 3 BR rowhouse in Philly for 250-350K? Have 2 small children and work in Cherry Hill.

Asked by Kaznalpac, Northern Liberties/ Fishtown, Philadelphia, PA Sat Mar 13, 2010

Gita Bantwal’s answer
Agents sell homes every where and their job is to market the home . You may like a neighborhood and someone else may not like it. It depends on the price range and amenities you are looking for. It will also depend on how close to the bridge you want to be.
The Somers have written many great posts about Philadelphia and all that it has to offer.You can drive by the areas of interest to you.
Web Reference: http://www.gitabantwal.com
We come across this question often. You have already received some good responses. There are many great Philly neighborhoods in that price range. I think the first question would be how close would you want to be to the bridge. The close neighborhoods may be appealing to you such as Northern Liberties and Fishtown on the north side and Pennsport, South Philly and Italian market on the south side. If you do not mind being further away from the bridge, then you have the Art Musuem Area on the north side as well as Graduate Hospital on the south side. All of the areas I mentioned would include some possiblities within your price range.

We blog about all these areas on our blog at http://blog.thesomersteam.com/ .

Also we service many folks looking to move to these areas as our office is in Northern Liberties (at the Piazza) as well as living in Northern Liberties.

It is an exciting time for you ! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Good Morning,

There are many family friendly neighborhoods in Philadelphia. Considering you work in Cherry Hill, and as James stated, you may want to be close to the bridge. This is all a matter of your convenience.

Buy any house with me and if you are not satisfied
with your purchase within 2 years, I'll sell it for FREE!!!*
Peter Lavelle
Real Estate Excel
215-579-4220 x 400
Office 215-725-0500
*Call for conditions

There are so many great areas that are family friendly but contrary to what most people think, Realtors are not allowed to give their opinions on what would be considered to be "best," "good," "safe."

What I tell my clients is to do their homework by driving by areas they are interested in at various times and days just to check out the scene. I also tell them to check with the local police district to check out the crime statistics.

I would have to know more about what you are looking for to determine which areas you could investigate. A good realtor is also a good listener, problem solver and an expert negotiator.

Most places in Philadelphia are close to all major highways and bridges.

My professional advice to you would be if you are seriously looking to find a place, first secure a buyer agent who will work in your best interests and who will answer all of your questions. If you are not familiar with what buyer agency is or why it is in your best interest to hire one, you can learn more about it on my site http://www.reneeporsia.com. I have video as well as a written blog that you will find very helpful.

If you do not know a buyer agent, you could find one here on Trulia by reading the answers to your question and checking out their websites.

I do provide a full free buyer counseling session to all of my buyer clients.

I'd love to talk with your further about your situation. Feel free to contact me at (215) 669-0589 or you can also email if you would prefer.

I service all of Philadelphia, Bucks and Montgomery Counties.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office ask for Renee
I think if you're going to Cherry Hill everyday being close to the bridge would be important. That makes Northern LIberties, Fishtown, Queen Village, and Pennsport look very attractive since they are all along I-95.

James Yoakum - Realtor, SFR
Brown McKinney Real Estate
1631 W. Cabot St.
Philadelphia, PA 19121
office: 215-825-2250 x.1002
cell: 267-496-7739
fax: 610-910-3046
Realtors are not allowed to give their opinion as to what is "best" as far as neighborhoods, but there are many areas that come to my mind which may be worth further investigating. I am thinking there are neighborhoods in S. Philly that you may consider, or Manayunk, Cheltenham, and if you want to consider some suburbs, there are Springfield, Drexel Hill, Wynnewood, and a myriad of other townships in Delaware Co....alot would depend on what your lifestyle is, what style housing you like, what amenities you need....also, you may want to investigate the school systems. Please email me with your email address, and give me a bit more info, and I will send you some listings to look through, which will give you and me a better idea of what you need/want.

Lorri Paster
Weichert, Realtors