Home Buying in Pinehurst>Question Details

Wyeth_and_Ju…, Home Buyer in Pinehurst, NC

Which areas in the Pinehurst/Southern Pines area is best suited for a family with school age children (2nd and 8th grade)?

Asked by Wyeth_and_Jutta, Pinehurst, NC Sun Sep 13, 2009

The IB program offered at Pinecrest is much desired, other items on the wish list are 4BR/3BA, even though a good floor plan might let us get by with less. A low-maintenance lot, hard surface floors and a price below $350,000 are necessary, though. Finally,a spot for a pool table would be the icing on the cake.
We like houses with character, and would almost prefer an older home as long as it is well maintained. A Townhome is certainly an option, as long as there is an enclosed/fenceable area where or dogs can safely be outside with us. A scouting trip to the area is planned within the next few weeks, and we'd welcome your suggestions.

Thank you for your help.

Answers

7
Good afternoon Wyeth & Jutta,

Unfortunately the IB program at Pinecrest is being phased out this year. The students who were enrolled in the IB program last year as juniors are completing the IB program as seniors this year. The IB program will no longer be available after the graduating year of 2010. Hopefully this has not changed your mind about moving to the area. If you are not currently working with a real estate agent in this area and would like to pursue your "wish list" I will mark my calendar and make plans for your visit. Have a great day. Sincerely, Nancy Olsen Please contact me at nancyolsenkw@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 13, 2009
Hello Wyeth and Jutta,

Having lived here for over 17 years and a parent of 4 children, we have experienced just about every type of education that is offered here in Moore Co. My children have attended Union Pines High, Pinecrest High, Taylortown's year round school, Southern Middle, Episcopal Day and the O'Neal School. I can honestly say we have been very pleased with all of our choices. The IB program is no longer offered at Pinecrest, but they do have a wonderful AP and Honors curriculum. Two of my sons have graduated from Pinecrest and now attend UNC-Chapel Hill and the youngest is entering Freshman Academy at Pinecrest. My oldest was a graduate of Union Pines High and is now an alumni of UNC Chapel Hill School of Denistry. I say all of this because we are very fortunate to have so many wonder educational oportunities allowing our students to enter some of the best universities any where. You may also get a complete list of all our private and public schools by visiting our Chamber's website at moorecountyinfo.com or my website, rebeccacummingsyourkwagent.com. Thank you for your interest in our beautiful town and I look forward to answering any questions you have on schools or homes in the community.
Thank you for asking such a great question about the Pinehurst Southern Pines area.

You can go to the Pinehurst/Southern Pines schools districts on line and find out about the courses offered, also you can go to my website PinehurstHomes4sale.com and get school information. We also have several
private schools in the area that you may want to find out about.

As far as your criteria for a home, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the homes we have available in your price range that have all of the things you are looking for. Including, Wood floors, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, and best of all in your price range.

I can be reached at:
Marie O'Brien
Broker
Prudential Pinehurst
910-295-2660
910-528-5669
Wyeth and Jutta,

I have dear friends that started as a clients that moved from Germany and I would be happy to put you in contact with them. They made their move a few years back and can offer you a great deal of insight into their experience. We found them their dream home in a weeks time and I was able to handle everything for them when they returned to Germany before their move.

If you are not currently working with an agent that knows the area, please drop me a line at DDUSTIN@NC.RR.COM or go to my website http://www.MyPinehurstBroker.com and click on the email contact link.

Janet
There are many 4br/3 ba with a bonus room for the pool table....Brand new.....Hard wood floors/ graniteI....when you visit I could show you a few areas that I think would be best suited for your children....If you have any questions you could just email me and I would be very happy to help you......
Dear Wyeth and Jutta,

Thank you for your questions with regard to the Pinehurst/Southern Pines area. Both are very welcoming and offer a lot to families with regard to schools, activities, and a variety of homes that I believe would meet your needs. Have you checked the Moore County school websites yet?

Please give me a call at (910) 528-6243 and we can discuss some more specific needs. This will give you the opportunity to hand pick what interests you.

Looking forward to talking with you.
Janet
Hi Wyeth and Jutta,
Much of the area sends kids to Pinecrest, so if Pinecrest is your preferred school you have a pretty broad selection of neighborhoods. This is a great link for info on all of the schools in the area, public and private:

http://www.moorebusiness.org/index.php?option=com_content&am…

and you will find report cards on each of the schools through this link:http://www.ncmcs.org/190610224111434103/blank/browse.asp?a=3…

If you are not already working with a Realtor, I would enjoy the opportunity to do some scouting for you and assist you when you are in the area. I can search local MLS with your needs/wants in mind and send appropriate listing information. Let me know if you would find that of value.