Marco House…, Home Buyer in 34145

Which areas are considered the most desirable in Marco Island?

Asked by Marco House Hunter, 34145 Mon Jun 15, 2009

Having visited Marco Island, all I can say is that the area is superb. My query is which areas on Marco are considered the most desirable? For example, I know that direct water access is preferable to indirect water access. I suspect that Hideaway Beach area has a certain panache over other areas, even though ALL of Marco is gorgeous.

Answers

7
Hideaway Beach is the elite location on the Island; however, you cannot have either a dock or a boat in Hideaway. You would have to store your boat at a local Marina. Key Marco is the other elite gated community and you can have a small fishing boat at the community dock there.

The south end of the Island known as the Estates area has many very fabulous, upper price range homes. You can have your dock & boat in most of those locations. Water direct & water indirect determines the size of the boat you can use & the time it takes to get to Open Water. For example, water indirect requires that you go under a bridge to get to open water. If you have a sailboat, you would need water direct. Or a large yacht. Otherwise, most fishing boats will fit under the bridges for water indirect. If you have any other questions, yhou may contact me at:
barb@welcometomarco.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 17, 2012
When you visit Marco, give me a call, I would be happy to give you a short Marco Island tour, so you can see the different areas and what they have to offer in the way of homes. I can give you a sampling of listings. You can then narrow down the areas that you like best... I will find the best opportunity for you. Marco Island or Naples !
Claudia Bruni 224-522-5227, 866-439-3082
ERA Flagship Real Estate.
French and Italian spoken.
Waterfront lots are more desirable than non water access lots- but not all water access is direct and a buyer needs to consider the depth of the canal and how many or how low the bridges are if the lots are interior lots. An area like the Estates on the South Tip of Marco Island is desirable due to the direct water access and elevations.

Hideaway Beach is actually a golf and resort lifestyle community set on white sandy beach access. The community is great, but the more amenities you get the more it costs... and let's say you get a very high level of amenities at Hideaway Beach.

At the South end of the Marco Beach area is Cape Marco where condos have multi million dollar views. Resale information for Marco Island, the Isles of Capri and Naples can be seen on our website- http://www.agent4naples.com.
Web Reference: http://www.agent4naples.com
The area that is most desireable on Marco depends on your lifestyle. There are several differences in types of water access for Boaters including direct or indirect access. Direct is important for sailboat access and some larger boats but many boaters are well served by indirect access. The boat access nort and south of San Marco is also preffered by different boaters. For access to the 10,000 islands south is better for recreational boating to naples the north is better. You also need to be aware of water depth and tides.

Hideaway beach is a whold different community with golf and beach but no boating.

If you contact me with your lifestyle information and budget I can present you with options from single family homes with or without gulf access to condos with or with out gulf access to beachfront properties.

Marco is a great place to live. I bought my first Florida home on Marco in 1994 when here for my first visit.

Ken Lowe - Realtor Partner
The Tropical Team
Chairman’s Circle Diamond
Prudential Florida Realty
http://www.Ken-Lowe.com
239-595-2212
Let Me Help You Put Your Footprints In The Sand!!!
The Most desirable area is the Estates area with direct gulf access both of which are also the most expensive. There is still a lot of value that can be had in Marco, also foreclosures and short sales are also available in all these areas. If you need any further questions answered feel free to call 239-659-3272
It would depend on what you are looking for. There are several areas such as Hideaway, The Estates, The River Area and Cape Marco that would be considered the best by most people.
Web Reference: http://viewmarco.com
Dear Homebuyer,

This is true that direct access lots are more desirable than indirect access lots. Also, Beachfront homes and wide and long water view homes are more desirable than inland homes. Hideaway Beach has its own appeal although there are fees that go along with this. Depending on your desire, I can assist in finding what you are looking for.
Marie Orlando
Independent Brokers Realty
Marieorlando@ymail.com