Home Buying in Pleasanton>Question Details

May, Home Buyer in Dublin, CA

Which area to avoid in Pleasanton,CA if i want to buy a property up to 600k .

Asked by May, Dublin, CA Sat Sep 8, 2012

why "SAINT MICHAEL Cir" condo is cheaper?
Should I avoid "Valle Vista" and "valley tail" community? Do they have foundation issues there?
thanks,
Mary

Answers

4
Valle Vista is located next to (and down wind from) a sewage treatment plant and adjacent to 680, I would not consider living there.

Valley Trails is an upgrade to Valle Vista but still next to 680.

You might want to check San Ramon, Danville and Walnut Creek. Basically head north on 680.
When working with buyers, I encourage them to look at all homes in a community / city that meet their basic criteria of size and price. It is too easy in our fast-paced world of on-line buying to miss that perfect home because the pictures do not reflect the true feel of a home or a friend of a friend of a friend said that someone had a foundation issue. Work with a realtor you trust, and spend some time looking at homes in person. You are making a major purchase; understand the process and take the time you need to decide what is best for you...not your friends!

I hope this perspective was helpful to you.
That would be quite a long list, to choose areas to avoid in Pleasanton over $600k. The most efficient way to figure out the best home for you is to plug your criteria into the MLS and then choose among the properties that are available. Because our inventory is so low, it willt be much more time consuming to say 'I want a house in Shadow Cliff" and while waiting for a property to come available there, you've missed 3 others in another great neighborhood.

As for Val Vista, yes, there are known problems in that neighborhood, however many homeowners have hired specialists to have their foundations repaired, so don't let that stop you in your tracks. You might miss out on something great!

With regard to Saint Michael, they are simply older, and out-dated, but nothing is 'wrong' with them.

It's very easy to set up your desired criteria. Let me know (in private) the details and I"d be happy to assist you!
Web Reference: http://www.rhondafee.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
There are a lot of great homes in Pleasanton up to $600,000. The Val Vista and Valley Trails Communities are great places to live. There are some concerns in all of Pleasanton regarding foundation issues. You see Pleasanton used to be swamp like farm land. So the soil can be very soft which could potentially lead to foundation issues. As with any home in an area with soft soil, it's best to keep an eye on the subfloor area under the home for signs of damp ground when there hasn't been any rain in a long time such a now. The best way to find this out is during your Inspections.

In my experience I've seen homes with foundation issues in those areas, and then two doors away there are no such issues. So to plainly say an entire community has foundation issues would be exaggerating. If you like a community, and the homes fit what your looking for and meet your price range, then find a home you like, get an accepted offer, and perform the proper inspections that will give you the piece of mind that you made a sound decision. Also remember that you have a Contingency period to make a decision to withdrawl from the purchase with no recourse per the California Residential Purchase Agreement.

Ramon Concepcion
REALTOR, SFR
Better Homes and Gardens Tri Valley Realty
DRE#01888274
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012