Home Buying in Tolleson>Question Details

Time4achange, Home Buyer in Goodyear, AZ

Which area should I focus on and why?

Asked by Time4achange, Goodyear, AZ Sat Jul 9, 2011

I am looking to buy a house 20 minutes or less from Tolleson (where i would be working). I am married, 30 years old, wife is 25, we have no kids but plan to in the next 1-3 years.

We are looking for a clean safe area with plenty of things to do for us but also a place we can expect to start our family. I am currently looking at Goodyear, Peoria and Litchfield Park. Are these good areas? Why or why not? Pros? Cons?

Answers

2
Litchfield Park or Goodyear ,. More bang for your buck in Goodyear, and lots of newer Homes to pick from,.
Hi, Time ... the Fair Housing act prohibits agents from steering buyers toward or away from any given area based on subjective criteria - "good" or "bad", "safe", "quiet" ... an agent can't legally answer any questions along those lines.

Honestly, your best bet is to drive the areas and decide what feels right. More often than not, you're going to know whether an area works for you just by driving around it. Within 20 minutes of Tolleson you've got Goodyear, Peoria, Litchfield Park, Avondale, Glendale and even parts of Surprise. It's just a question of what area works best and what kind of things you like to do.