Home Buying in Surprise>Question Details

Azhome, Home Buyer in Surprise, AZ

Which area do your think is or will hold its value better, Surprise or Goodyear? Thanks

Asked by Azhome, Surprise, AZ Wed Mar 9, 2011

Answers

7
Check out "Estrella Mountain Ranch" in Goodyears. It is very nice!
Is there a prize if we guess the right answer?

Do you mean in a year, 5 years, 10 years or forever?

Is this a secret test by a HUD Fair Housing investigator?

:-)
Check out the Marley Park master planned community in Surprise, it was voted one of the best places to live in AZ. Simply amazing! It has beautiful tree lined streets, great classic architecture, close to shopping and mountain views! There are pre-owned homes for sale...a few foreclosures left, and the builders are constructing new homes again as well. You can get homes 3,000 sq. ft. and up with 1/2 acre lots or town homes 1500 sq. ft. with low maint. lots and everything in between. Lots of variety, a great community with a club house, pools, ball fields, every block has it's own park, even a community garden. With the expansion of the 303 roadway that is close by, I believe things will only continue to prosper... slowly but surely.
the hoa fees in Estrella vary according to where the house is located in that community. My girlfriend was paying $225/quarterly. However, she also had a special tax assessment that was an additional fee of $250 every 4months too. She didn't live on the golf course/country club area, and I hear that has a higher hoa charge.
well, my canned answer is - market conditions change from day to day and year to year...that in mind i would say it isn't the city so much as the areas/communities within those cities. Just like if I asked you "do you think Aurora or Naperville will hold its value?" See - the truth is that each city has more desirable areas within them that will hold or increase in value. And Value is really just a percieved thing based on the what the next folks moving in will be willing to pay. Supply and Demand baby!

I live in Surprise. Within Surprise there are several areas that are nice. I cannot guarentee those areas will increase in value. I live near Marley Park which was one of the top 30places to live in Phoenix, there are some other ones here too that are nice such as Greer Ranch, Kenly Farms, Sierra Montana and such. Goodyear has Estrella Mountain Ranch which is like living in a resort area, but there are several areas down there that have 1acres lots w/custom homes and such too. Just gonna have a realtor who specializes in those areas help you so you can figure out what will work for you! :-)
Honestly Randy I am not a tester, I would be skeptical too from the question I guess. To ease your suspicions I am into real estate in IL. and constantly researching it, we are moving to AZ. after I sell my house in New Lenox IL. The values decreased but is still holding ok. I have family in Peoria & Sun City AZ but we like Surprise and Goodyear so I want to make a good decision on where I will live like I did here when we moved out of Chicago where we grew up. I like Peoria but the north and west part, and Glendale and the mature trees but like Chicago, I noticed that the more west or north you go the more desirable. People I speak to there all say the same.
So yes I would like to know which area has more potential to recover from this bad market, holding or increasing, whichever. We like west and the mountains. From what I can see when I visit, we went to a baseball game in Goodyear and really liked the area and went back a few more times to other places and drove past some homes, its seems to be an up and coming area. Surprise seems to be a little more established as far as shopping/housing. We like the areas around Greenway, Litchfield and west.
Thank you Darwin for Estrella Mountain Ranch I see that its nice there how are HOA fees? All help and opinions are welcome. Thank you
...and to add to Randy's questions, are you really interested in the value holding, or increasing?