Gemabhi, Home Buyer in Palisades Park, NJ

Which area do you recommend to buy a house in NJ which has easy commute to NYC?

Asked by Gemabhi, Palisades Park, NJ Sun Sep 4, 2011

Answers

8
Debra (Debbie) Rose’s answer
Hi Gemabhi

Well, in order to answer your question, I'd need to know your price range, personal preferences as far as style and town amenities are concerned...... and what you consider an "easy commute" to be!

A lot of commuters live in my area - towns like Maplewood, S Orange, Millburn, Chatham and Madison have the sought-after mid town direct train - a 37-50 min commute to Penn Station.
By bus, to Port Authority, it can take 45-60 min. (towns to consider are Livingston, the Caldwells, W Orange and Roseland)
If you want to drive to Harrison (20 min down rt 280) and take the Path train - that's another option.

Share some more information, and I can help narrow down the choices.

Feel free to visit my website where I offer some useful links to more information.

Good luck, and please let me know if I can be of help!
Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
Town of Fort Lee, of cause. It's right across from the George Washington Bridge. 15 minutes +- to get to express "A" train in 175 st N.Y. subway station...(^;^;
West Windsor, Mercer county, is an excellent neighborhood - rated #1 for families with kids by AOL.com - top school district, excellent amenities, very proactive Mayor, and easy Manhattan commute from the Princeton Jct. train station.
Here's an excerpt from the original article on WEST WINDSOR, NJ:
NeighborhoodScout found America's best family-friendly neighborhood in New Jersey. It is a small town that is completely contained in a single neighborhood: West Windsor. It is in central N.J., not far from Princeton.
The school district is top-notch, ranking in the top 7% in New Jersey, and the top 3% nationwide. Families with school-aged children are the prevailing family type here. It is also rated as safer than 97% of neighborhoods in America.
(More info on West Windsor follows on the N.J. state slide.)
Search Homes for Sale | Local Market Information
Hi Gemabhi,

There are several areas that are an easy commute to Manhattan. To narrow your search, you should consider the amount of time you are willing to commute, affordability of commuting and purchasing a home. Once you make a determination, this information will be helpful for an agent to assist you.

Best of luck
Gemabhi,

You can also look at Edison/Metuchen/South Plainfield/Piscataway areas.

Both Edison and Metuchen have NJ transit trains direct to NYC (no changing in Newark), and the other towns are readily accessible to those stations as well. All towns are very close to Rt 1, Rt 287, Garden State Pkwy,& NJ Turnpike which can all get you to NYC, and not too far from Rt 22 and Rt 78 which are also alternates to get to NY.

Depending on your price range, and type of housing they all have different options from small reasonably priced homes/condos to large upscale houses/condos and everything inbetween.

Give me a call at 908-675-0167 or email me at PruMaryNJ@aol.com and we can discuss your needs in more detail.

I look forward to hearing from you
Hello Gemabhi,

if you are looking in Bergen County there are many towns just minutes away like, Edgewater,Fort Lee,Fairview,Cliffside Park,Palisades Park,Ridgefield etc..Hudson County you have North Bergen,West New York,Guttenberg,Hoboken etc.....there are many more but it really depends on what you are looking for like property size and style (Condo -Single Family)price range,shools etc..
If you need more information you can email me at rsanmar@aol.com or call me at 201-403-8728

Maywood is a great town for consideration. We are by every major highway. There are many bus routes in Maywood to NYC. There is a commuter train in River Edge a few minutes away. Many Maywood residents work in NYC. The houses are affordable, the taxes are not outrageous, and the school system is very good. It's a small little town where everyone knows one another. Pleasant Avenue in Maywood has everything you would need from the bank, post office, restaurants, pizza places, laundry, food store, etc. If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
You have many communities to choose from, and as the previous agent answered, it depends on various factors -- bus or train (Port Authority vs. Penn Station or PATH), price range, style and size of house or condo, amenities (yard, updates, etc.), distance and time you are willing to commute, etc.

I live and work in Bergen County, and can help you if you wish. Email me and let me know the answers to these questions and let's work together!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011