Home Buying in San Fernando>Question Details

Jb, Home Buyer in Agoura, CA

Which are the nicest neighborhoods in the San Fernando Valley?

Asked by Jb, Agoura, CA Mon Jul 28, 2008

Hello - I am looking for a 3 bed, 2 bath in the valley but I am not very familiar with the neighborhoods. Our budget is around $400K.
Thank you!
Jen

Answers

6
Chek out on Zillow you'll find tons of option, the more you look around the better idea you'll have of every neighborhood. Let me tell you in advance with that budget you can find some single family but in the center of the Valley, Reseda, Winetka etc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 3, 2013
Hi Jen,

You can find some homes in Encino, Lake Balboa, Tarzana, and Van Nuys in the 400K range, they may not be 3+2, more will be 2+1, but there will be some. You don't say where you work and what other things might be important to you, so those are some good choices off the top of my head. You can search on my website, or call me if you like, so that I can get a better sense of what the nicest neighborhoods for you might be.

Jodie
One thing for sure the higher values will be more desirable. Finding one in these neighborhoods is the key.... email or call and I'll give you the tools to check yourself

David Krecker, BSBA, SRA, MRA
Centuryside Real Estate Inc.
David Krecker
Broker/Owner/State License Appraiser
Office 562-690-6987
Fax: 562-690-7337
Serving the areas of Orange County, Los Angeles County, San Bernardino, and Riverside.

Email: dave@centuryside.com
Website: http://www.centuryside.com
Web Reference: http://www.centuryside.com
JB
There are lots of options, depending upon your needs.
Agoura is a lot different than the valley, and the SFV is pretty big, so you might need to narrow down your search a little.
If you'd like some assistance I have an associate that work in the valley. You can contact me via my Trulia profile.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
A three bedroom condominium in Studio City, Sherman Oaks, Encino or Woodland Hills would be your best bet. Starter single family homes in these area range from $700,000 and up.
Hello Jb,

I grew up in Toluca Lake. I know some agents will say there areas are best but where the values are highest and truly are great neighborhoods to live in I would put Toluca Lake, Sherman Oaks, Encino, Woodland Hills, Studio City, Valley Village and Burbank. If you would consider a condo (those areas you may not find a condo in with 3 bedroom, Other options would be Valley Glen and Lake Balboa. If it's a home your looking for and not a condo then North Hollywood and West Van Nuys might be doable options.

Monique Carrabba
The Reavis Group at Keller Williams
mcarrabba@kw.com