Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

Trulia Dallas, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Which are the best title companies?

Asked by Trulia Dallas, Dallas, TX Thu Jan 17, 2013

Answers

11
Kenny and Beau are on the money, aren't they?

Most times it is the escrow officer who makes the difference, but sometimes it's the support staff who can leave a bad taste in the mouth. I have my blacklist of escrow officers and title companies, but they're for me suggest more reasonable ones if I get some bad suggestion from the other agent or principal.

Following up during the process is key. Dealing with buyer and seller for needed information is especially useful. Reminders of coming deadlines and required actions or documents can save a closing from disaster. But an escrow officer who rushes through a closing with the detail-oriented principal can mess things up. A file that is missing something at the last minute can really try everyone's patience.

We all know lenders like to cut it close or even renege on drawing. Good escrow officers don't let that get out of hand.

What do you do when the buyer is angry or the seller refuses to do something or some other problem arises with a principal? A good title company will be able to deal with it effectively and courteously (professionally).

Friendly atmosphere, the smell of fresh cookies or fresh coffee, and closing at the appointed time will win every time. Who is that? I heard most of them, except Stewart and American Title.
Web Reference: http://www.SumnerRealty.com
I highly recommend Fidelity Title In Lewisville. Very hard-working and accommodating staff. Since they have direct access to the plant that always turn orders around quickly.

Contact Julie Lyssy
320 East Main Street Lewisville, TX 75057
(972) 200-0462

John Lyng
Mortgage Counselor - NMLS 280951
JLyng@NACA.com
Any title company that is pro-active and pays close attention to detail so that the process is as smooth as possible.

Personally, I prefer title agents who are very accessible and make my clients very comfortable as well. There are only a few that I tend to avoid, but the vast majority of title agents/companies are really great to work with. I have my preferences like everyone else only because I know that they give the same level of attention to my clients as I do.

Brent Rice, Trulia Top Recommended Broker (Pro & VIP)
The Rice Group, Inc.
Website: http://www.ricegroupinc.com
214-808-3100
Brent@RiceGroupInc.com
I use Hextor Fair and Lawyer's. They were both a very good companies.
I don't think I have the right to say which title companies are the best and each of us as professional agents do have our preferred title companies; but we know title company selection in Texas is negotiable between the buyer and seller. However, I have had great experiences working with Republic Title and Chicago Title.
These get the job done; Old Republic Title, Missy Rosner.
I agree with Kenneth. A good title company is one that provides great customer service throughout the transaction and gets the job done. Personally, I have a short list of title companies that have provided great customer service to my clients in the past. Those companies are: Alamo Title, AssociaTitle, Capital Title, Chicago Title, Hexter-Fair, Lawyer's Title, Republic Title, Reunion Title, Stewart Title, and there are others as well.
Definately Hexter-Fair, my favorite is Ann Noonan on Preston & Forest, but Allegiance Title on George Bush, Republic in Lakewood.

Liz Renfro
William Davis Realty
214-924-9676
Good answer Kenny! I can tell you who the bad ones are, but I won't. I do like Chicago, Republic, and Hexter Fair, all in Lakewood.

Beau Beasley
Coldwell Banker
214 966-2100
beau@beaubeasleyhomes.com
I agree! But North American Title on Park ln and Central & Republic on Abrams are tops in my book. They go above and beyond to get transactions closed smoothly.
Ones that get the job done.

Kenny
Turtle Creek Realty