Farheen, Other/Just Looking in

Which agent to use?

Asked by Farheen, Tue Apr 16, 2013

We received a stratus report that showed a listing we are interested in, but we also saw this house listed on Trulia. We reached out to the agent who had sent us the stratus report to arrange a viewing but he informed us that they were not showing at this time, the only viewing would take place at an open house the following weekend. This was a house we were really interested in because of location and we reached out to the listing agent who allowed us to do a private viewing with her. What is the protocol in this scenario? We want to put in an offer.. should we just go with the listing agent or try to engage the agent who sent us the stratus report?

Answers

3
As the others already have stated, the property should have been allowed to be shown by all agents; therefore contact the agent who intially sent you the listing(s), explain the situation; ask him/her to present the offer in person to the seller with the listing agent present. All the best to you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 16, 2013
Hi Farheen, Gail is right- that is not fair to mls agents. If you cannot show to other agent(s)- it should not be shown by the listing agent or listing office either. I would contact the agent that sent you the information and put my offer thru him/her. That's what made you interested in the first place. Wish you the best with your deal.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 16, 2013
Farheen,

If the listing agent is showing the premises and not allowing other agents to show it (nor allowing you to have your own representation), the listing agent is in violation of MLS Rules and certainly not conducting herself in a legal or morally acceptable manner.

As a Realtor, I would file a complaint with the Multiple Listing Service and local board of Realtors against this person. She is obviously only interested in getting the deal for herself and is certainly NOT working in the best interest of her client.

I would also let the stratus agent know what you encountered. He should be informed of the improper behavior of the listing agent.

This kind of behavior is appalling!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 16, 2013