Home Buying in Connecticut>Question Details

Feona, Both Buyer and Seller in Lynbrook, NY

Which Neighborhood in Connecticut?

Asked by Feona, Lynbrook, NY Tue Jan 13, 2009

I am looking for a neighborhood in Connecticut to start looking for houses. We want excellent public schools. Top ten percent . I would like to be near beaches. Interesting area near museums. Family oriented area. Safe area. We like side walks. Parks. Would like to be near new york city.

Any suggestions? Thanks for you expertise.

Answers

7
Feona, Based on what you're looking for I think the best towns for you to consider would be Westport, Darien and Greenwich. All three towns offer beautiful town beaches, well rated public school systems, vibrant downtown areas, plenty of family activities and easy access to New York City via Metro North Trains. You would be able to find houses that meet your criteria in each of these towns. If you want to get a feel for the houses for sale in each town, feel free to visit my website through the link below. For more information on each town, you can visit the town websites (just do a Google search for the town name) or feel free to call or email me and I can send you more information (click on my picture to view my contact information). Good luck with your search for a new home! I think you'll love the towns of southern Fairfield County.
Feona -

Assuming you'll want to stay within Fairfield County, which will put you in Connecticut but as close to NYC as possible, and just a quick look for homes with at least 5 bedrooms and priced between $1,000,000 - $1,500,000, the following towns came up for you to consider:
Darien
Easton
Fairfield
Greenwich
New Canaan
Redding
Ridgefield
Stamford
Weston
Westport
Wilton

Being that you seem to want a more downtown area - and sidewalks - you may want to initially focus on Stamford and Fairfield.

I hope this helps!
Because of the market I don' t think I want to spend more than 1.5.
Feona-

So, a 5 bedroom home on at least 1/2 acre, hopefully 1-2 acres.
What price range?

Your desired price range will influence which towns you can consider.
I think we are looking for 5 bedroom or 5 bedroom on a acre or two of land. Maybe 1/2 acre depending on location.

We like sidewalks....
Hi Feona

Anywhere along the Connecticut Shoreline would probably fit most of your needs - I service the Lower CT Valley as well as the Shoreline, places like, Old Lyme, East Lyme, Essex, Madison etc would fit your needs. We are within a reasonable driving distance of New York but also have a excellent train service. Please feel free to contact me should you wish me to send you details of what is available on the Market. Anne Astley - 860-304-9058 anne.astley@cbmoves.com
Hi Feona -

From what you wrote, it sounds like the southern towns of Fairfield County will be best for you - Stamford, Greenwich, Darien, etc.

However, what price range are you looking in? What size house? Minimum number bedrooms and bathrooms? These will be deciding factors as to which towns will work for you.