Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

Chen, Home Buyer in 95124

Which Las Vegas neighborhoods are good?

Asked by Chen, 95124 Mon Dec 28, 2009

We live in San Jose, CA but want to purchase investment properties in Las Vegas. Which neighborhoods are good?

Answers

8
Maybe a better question is: Which neighborhoods are NOT good?

I recommend avoiding any neighborhood on or within a few blocks of Nellis Blvd. There's a lot of crime in that area, particularly at Sahara, Charleston, Washington, and Bonanza.

Avoid the Carey & Clayton area as well. It's nickname is Crip City, so....

The 'letter' streets (D, F, etc.) aren't fantastic areas either.

Hope this helps!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 3, 2010
Wait another year to buy, save another 20% on the price. Good Luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 30, 2009
What to move to Las Vegas current live in Los Angeles want to purchase a home, Which neighborhoods are good.
Hello Chen

You can use my website to search for homes: http://vwww.vegashomes247.com
or text "Paul" to 74558, this is a service that will help your search for home.
I believe owning an investment property here in las vegas is an Awesome Idea!
Call anytime.

Paul Arroyo
Merit Realty
702-768-2931
Hi Chen,

Here's a link to a blog I wrote about the neighborhoods around the Las Vegas Strip. I'm an agent in both California and Nevada, and my wife and I own four homes for investment in these areas. Please feel free to email or call me if you'd like to discuss some of the opportunities there. Best of Luck.
Chen,

I see you are getting a lot of good questions to your Las Vegas Investment property question. As everyone is stating - Good is subjective - yes. If you ask one person what place to eat is good, they will name a location, where the next person may have had a bad experience there and completely disagrees.

In your situation, being that you want to purchase real estate for an investment rather than a primary residence - your focus should be on your return. Every neighborhood has people that want or need to live there. The best place to start would be to determine how much you want to spend, what type of property you would like to invest in, and find a Las Vegas Realtor to run comps on how much those properties earn in rent.

Your neighborhood choice may be quite easy when you realize what your potential earnings would be. Obviously, we do have area's such as Mountains Edge and Southern Highlands who have been hit very hard by the decline. While they may be considered "desired places to live" by folks due to their Master Planned Community Features such as private parks, community events, jogging trails etc., they may not be good for you due to the return value on rentals. That being said, there could be divisions that do.

My investment specialists are on hand to determine just that for you. They can pull the facts and numbers that show you what the purchase price would probably be and what kind of rents you can expect. They will consider any decline and average that in as well.

Please consider Coldwell Banker Wardley in Las Vegas for your investments. You may use our live Las Vegas MLS search using the link below or give us a call at 702-604-7739. Feel free to e-mail me the specific details at lori.wekerle@gmail.com at your convenience.

Now is a great time to invest in Las Vegas Real estate (North Las Vegas and Henderson too)

- Lori Wekerle
Internet Marketing Manager
Coldwell Banker Wardley Real Estate
702-604-7739
lori.wekerle@gmail.com
Ni hao ma, Chen.

Some of the best neighborhoods for investment may be different than where you would want to live personally. If you want to define "good" as the properties that will bring you the best cash-flow today and with potential long-term appreciation tomorrow, I can definitely help you. Call or email me.

John A. Brassner, MBA, REALTOR®
The Brassner-Martin Group
Residential and Commercial Real Estate

Prudential Americana Group, REALTORS®
10777 West Twain Ave, Suite 105
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Fax: 702-995-0488
Email: john@john4realty.com

NevadaRealEstateCenter.com, 8REOS.com
Chen,

The term "GOOD" is very subjective. Many people have different ideas of what good means. Some people describe good as areas with lower crime rates. This is a link to a website where the crime rates for individual property addresses in Las Vegas can be researched.

http://www.lvmpd.com/crimeviewcommunity/

I think your best bet is to work with a Realtor who takes the time to find out which part of town works best for your long term real estate goals and budget. This will factor in what areas your budget will allow you to purchase and which type of property works best for you. I also think it is a good idea to make at least one trip out here to drive around a few different areas so you can get a feel for what areas you like and to look at a few properties in your price range to get an idea of what to expect. The remainder of the search process can be done with you in San Jose.
I have been a Las Vegas resident since 1974 and can recommend some very good areas to invest in. I am a full time Realtor and also a Real Estate investor and landlord, so I know what is important to investors. I work with many out of state clients and can preview the properties and email detailed photos and descriptions to my clients to help with the long distance decisions.

Let me know if I can help you with your search or to answer any questions you may have.

Ron Johnson
Elite Realty
702-595-9743