Home Buying in Chapel Hill>Question Details

Nyinvestor, Other/Just Looking in New York

Which County in the Triangle area of North Carolina has the lowest property taxes yet commutable to all major attractions and conveniences?

Asked by Nyinvestor, New York Thu Feb 23, 2012

The area looks great, but I heard Chatham County was better than Wake... not too familiar so thought I would toss it out there for some insight.

Answers

8
Chatham County taxes are lower if you are in the County and not in Pittsboro. However, most people don't realize that Cary has a section that is in Chatham County and the taxes are less than 1%. Just something to consider.
I lived in Chatham County near Fearrington Village (north Chatham, halfway between Chapel Hill and Pittsboro) for six years. In my opinion, the only easy commute is to Chapel Hill or Pittsboro. If you can find a property on the North East part of the county, along 751 near the Southpointe Mall, you will be much closer to RTP and other conveniences. There is a luxury community called Colvard Farms, a DelWeb 55+ called Carolina Preserve and some more rural neighborhoods. You could also look at Governors Club, Governors Forest and Governors Park and Governors Lake which are located a little closer along Farrington Rd. with good access to 64 or 40.
Hi
Chatham County may be low in taxes but trying to get anywhere is another matter, if you give me more info I can better assess your needs and give my recomendation, Person County is an option as well.
Michael
Absolutely Chatham county is your best bet in terms of proeprty tax rates. Focus on the northwest quadrant. (on a map look for Pittsboro) This will give you the ideal location from which to access Wake, Cary, Chapel Hill/Carrboro or Durham.

I specialize in buyer side brokering and work with investors reguarly. If I can be of any assitance feel free to contact me directly through my trulia profile.
Vote number four for Chatham County!
Chatham County does have one of the lower tax rates in the area. It is beautiful - close to RTP (Research Triangle Park), Apex, Cary and Raleigh but with a country feel. Jordan Lake is nearby for water activities as well as walking trails, state and County parks, etc. I actually live in Chatham County as well as selling real estate here and absolutely love it. If you have any questions at all, please contact me. I'd be happy to help you find what you are looking for!

Lynette
I would agree with the vote for Northeast Chatham County. I live there myself and my wife easily commutes to RTP, while I work out of an office in Chapel Hill. We are 20 minutes to either shopping areas in Apex or Southpoint and about 30 minutes to the airport. Even getting to downtown Raleigh only takes us about 30 minutes. Soon 540 (our outer belt line) will connect to Hwy 64, making it even easier and quicker to get to Cary, RTP and the airport. Having relocated here from Boston myself, I work with a lot of people coming from the Northeast and the common connections and background can be a big help. I grew up in SW Connecticut and spent a lot of time in NY as well. For some more information on the area, check out my relocation Smart Magazine through the web link or feel free to get in touch if I can be of help or send you some sample listings.
Northern Chatham county has very low property taxes and is close to all that the Chapel Hill/Durham/Raleigh are has to offer in terms of attractions and conveniences.

Feel free to contact me for more specific information.

Kevin

919-612-7691
Web Reference: http://www.kevincohan.com