jeffonshadow, Home Buyer in Henderson, NV

Which Areas in Vegas will always move inventory.

Asked by jeffonshadow, Henderson, NV Sat Feb 9, 2013

Hello All,
Call me crazy but I'm moving to Vegas in 18 months from Florida. I am probably looking at Henderson, Summerlin. Which neighborhoods are most in demand and have the most appeal if you I were to sell a few years later. Prefer views of some kind.
I've kind of canceled out Lake Las Vegas because of the HOA and history there...
Jeff

Answers

5
I handle the mortgage side. I agree with most the agents on here. Most of the loans I am doing are in the Henderson Area behind St Rose, Anthem area, and then east of Eastern towards Henderson, Green Valley. I moved here from SOuthern California 7 years ago and i love it out here as do my kids! I think its a great choice.
If you analyze the sales data you will see that, in general, the area south of St. Rose Parkway or the 215 in Henderson has fared better in somewhat smaller percentage price declines during the bust and faster appreciation off the bottom. Green Valley Ranch, Anthem, Seven Hills as far as master plans go but there can be quite a differential within neighborhoods so you need to analyze the data based upon your financial/investment requirements.

As for Summerlin - the orginal portion that is in the City of Las Vegas has fared better overall than the portion developed in the County, however, we are talking about pretty large areas of development with a wide range of product types so, again, you have to analyze the data based upon your specific requirements.

And a word of caution if you don't understand this already - real estate is usually illiquid and carries high transaction costs so a 'few' meaning 3-4 years may not net you anything versus 'several' meaning 5-8 usually results in a higher return - assuming that there is any long-term appreciation in this market.
Hi Jeff,
I won't call you crazy because I love living in Las Vegas (Henderson to be precise)! There are communities both in Henderson (southeastern portion of the Las Vegas valley) and Summerlin (northwestern portion of the Las Vegas valley) that have homes with views. Both of these areas are highly desirable and very competitive. Our market is very tight right now and the prices are definitely rising as they are in most of the U.S. Many homes (especially in these areas) are getting multiple offers are selling for over list prices. There is no way to judge where the market will be in 18 months but if you would like me to keep you informed of our market from time to time just let me know as I’d be happy to do so.

Susan Frush-Feller, SFR, CDPE
Robert Realty
1021 Seven Hills Drive
Henderson, NV 89052
Phone: (702) 321-0131
Email: sffeller1@gmail.com
Website: http://sffeller.las.mlxchange.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/susanfrushfellerrealtor
Who knows what the market will be in 18 months. My suggestion is that you start looking closer to your move date. Right now the market is strong for all areas because we have very low inventory. However, markets can flip very quickly.
Jeff, You are looking at the two most popular areas that prospective buyers always compare. They usually base it on job location, family, friends, travel times, etc. Personal for each client. Both are great areas and will always be popular based on various reasons, so the demand is contingent on these.
Are you relocating for a particular reason that would predicate one area over the other? Be glad to send you more information, just email me at lapis99@aol.com so you can compare yourself.