Home Buying in Kansas City>Question Details

tom, Home Buyer in Kansas City, MO

Where to get information about recently sold homes in Shawnee, KS?

Asked by tom, Kansas City, MO Mon Jul 1, 2013

My fiance and I have an opportunity to buy a house in Shawnee in the Tanglewood Estates for what I believe to be way under market value. We will probably only live in the house for around two years before she goes back to school and will fix it up in the process. What is keeping us on the fence is not knowing if we will be able to sell it and at what price it will go for. I've been trying to find what other homes have sold for recently and how long they were on the market but I can't find any information. Where is a good place to get this info?

Answers

4
Tom,

Ron has made a great point. That is what we do as a Real Estate Agent. We work for you on the Buyers side in this case. Which like Ron said we are paid from the Seller's proceeds. If you'd send me the address I would be happy to see what I can find out for you. Besides you mentioned that you are going to live in the house for at least 2 years. Right now you have no where to go in value but up if you purchase at the right price. Once again that's our job or at least mine, to make sure that you are not paying to much for a property. Please let me know if I can assist you in any way.

Thank you
Michael Diggs
Realty Executives
816-863-7797
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 1, 2013
I am hearing all this good stuff from you; and I can't believe that you haven't considered a Realtor:
A Realtor is free for the Buyer; paid out of the Escrow, by the Seller.
A Realtor can do a CMA to determine the Market Value.
A realtor can help you with the Offer and the Inspections.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 1, 2013
Thanks everyone for the input. The house that we are looking at is a 3 bd 2 ba ranch style house. We plan on get an inspection done but it seems to be in good condition, although its outdated. The one thing we know that will need to be replaced in the not so distant future is the HVAC. Any idea of what kind of return on investment for that we might expect? One of the big negatives that we have about the house is that it is in a HOA. Is it hard to sell houses in shawnee that are part of an HOA? I'm sure that it does bring down the price some but any idea of how much?
You might want to weigh your options when buying in a community that charges monthly fees.
Have you considered a single family home?
Kathy Mayer (realtor since 1998)
Prudential KC Realty
913-314-5112