Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

marsmale, Home Buyer in Irvine, CA

Where to find new Master Planned Communities in Austin area with best shcool district in the price range of $400,000?

Asked by marsmale, Irvine, CA Mon Feb 25, 2013

Interested in finding a home in similar setting as Irvine, Mission Viejo, CA. We like Master Planned Communities with ammenities and proximity to shopping and top school ranking. We would like to settle by September 2013.

Michael & Stacy Spickes’ answer
Here is something to consider. My wife and I do what is called our LIVE Austin Virtual Information Tour, which is the most technologically advanced way for you and your family to get up to speed on the layout of Austin, school districts, neighborhoods and communities, property tax rates (lowest to highest), architectural and building styles, and so much more. Austin is too large of an area for you to try and figure out on your own and you certainly don't want to come here and waste time driving around discovering places you don't like when you could have known about them in advance. All of our clients relocating from out of state say that the virtual tour helped save them up to 70-80% of their time in finding the best community to live for them. If you're interested, just let us know. Have a wonderful day!

Michael and Stacy Spickes | Realty Austin
Austin's Real Estate and Relocation Specialists
Below is a list of some homes that meet your preferences.There is also a list of realtors in Austin area.

All the best.
Good day to you Marsmale,

Congratulations on your relcation to the Austin, TX area. I am confident that you will find the area's quality of life to be equal and similiar to your California environment. That said, I know you will appreciate its own unique charm and culture. Cost of livin' ain't bad either.

There are several / many Master Planned developments surrounding the Austin area that fir your price point.

Take a look at the following:

Round Rock ISD
Lake Travis ISD
Dripping Springs ISD
Georgetown ISD

These are all top rated school districts that offer housing in your price range and some wonderful communities. Feel free to visit our web site where you can search for homes new and re-sale, communities, ammenities, etc. all at your convenience without obligation.

If you have more questions or need additional information please fel free to contact us. We would be happy to discuss your specific relocation needs more in depth with you.

My best to you,

Stephen B. McClain, Broker Owner
Cornerstone New Home Solutions
The Hill Country is the most beautiful area around Austin, TX. Looks like so much like California (I know, I too used to live there). Sweetwater is great! I also know of other Master Planned Communities in the Lake Travis Independent School District. You will get a lot for your $!
I work with all the builders and developers in that area.
Please feel free to call or email:

Lara Pavanelli
Steiner Ranch is one of the most popular Master Planned Communities. There are 3 elementary schools and a middle school within the neighborhood. The high school is close by. There is the UT golf club, Lake Austin access, the Steiner Steakhouse, 3 amenity centers, shops and restaurants all within the neighborhood. There is a new community in the Lake Travis ISD called Sweetwater that is going to be a large master planned community as well. My email is kristee@theleadersrealty.com and my cell is 512-695-5144. Please contact me for more information on master planned communities in Austin. You can visit this link for information on school ratings: http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/perfreport/account/2013/index.html and http://www.steinerranch.com for more information on the Steiner Ranch neighborhood.

Kristee Leonard, Broker/Owner
The Leaders Realty, LLC
There are quite a few excellent communities. I can set you up with a free email program so that you can view new listings as they come up and compare different areas. I would also ask you more questions so that the information you get will give you the answers you are looking for. I can be reached at 512-413-5599 Don Moriarty Broker, Classic Texas Properties
I would say Circle C or Steiner Ranch. Feel free to visit the neighborhood section on my home page to see the current inventory for both of these master planned communities.

Please feel free to contact me anytime, and I will be happy to discuss and help with your relocation.

Steve Nusinow
Eanes Independent School District, Hill Country Galleria for shopping, close to Lake Austin and Lake Travis.

ZIP Realty
(512) 2CASA-95
(512) 222-7295
Well.....your question caught my eye! I grew up in Mission Viejo and know Irvine very well too....lived in Newport Beach before moving to Austin 14 years ago! Will you be working downtown? That's an important part of the equation...Circle C is very similar to MV, but if you are working north of Austin, that would be a tough commute and there are other choices. Call me! I'm happy to give you a tour next time you're in town!

Randee Hainline
With an average home price of $197,900, there are quite a few areas that would satisfy your needs. Why don't you look over the school stats and start from there. Work backwards from where you want your kids to attend and you'll probably be able to find a place that suits your needs. It also goes without saying I'd be happy to help you with your search, but I need to plug it in there.

School finder stats: http://goo.gl/9LFMO

January 2013 Statistics
1,402 – Single-family homes sold, 33 percent more than January 2012.

$197,900 – Median price for single-family homes, 10 percent more than January 2012.

71 – Average number of days single-family homes spent on the market, 14 days fewer than January 2012.

2,252 – New single-family home listings on the market, one percent fewer than January 2012.

4,947 – Active single-family home listings on the market, 25 percent fewer than January 2012.

2,045 – Pending sales for single-family homes, 25 percent more than January 2012.

2.5 – Months of inventory* of single-family homes, 1.6 months less than January 2012.

$368,289,978 – Total dollar volume of single-family properties sold, 55 percent more than January 2012.

Simon Justice Hall
Austin Realtor
Epperson Realty Group
Lic #607339
Jeffrey Schnabel, Broker, Austin, TX
Hi Marsmale,

Having lived in California, I have to tell you that you won't find something like Mission Viejo here in Austin. However, as far as master planned communities with good schools, Steiner Ranch (far west Austin), Circle C (southwest Austin), Belterra (far southwest Austin - almost Dripping Springs), Flint Rock & Falconhead (west of Lakeway), Sweetwater (far west of Lakeway), will provide amenities similar to what Mission Viejo would offer.

I would also have included Eanes school district, but you are not going to find much of anything for $400K in Eanes, and certainly no planned communities. Eanes has one of the highest average prices for homes in all of Austin, primarily driven by the quality of schools, but that means you don't get much home for your money.

But you have to consider commute issues if you work, and how close you want to be to daily shopping needs. Without more info about your work requirements, and how strong you want the educational environment to be, as well as the age of your school children, making a judgment call on any of these communities would be a shot in the dark.

Austin is home to over 1.8M people, and that makes commuting a challenge and something you have to plan for, in the selection of your home.

Jeffrey Schnabel

Broker | Partner | Keller Williams
I'd be happy to mail a booklet with all the new home builders. It will have location maps and home info. Another way to do this is through our interactive website. You can search many different ways school, zips, map...many options. http://Www.teamprice.com

Best wishes,
Bill ~ 512-709-6343
There are several Master Planned Communities to choose from in that price range. Steiner Ranch and Circle C are a couple. Both have great schools and plenty of shopping and restaurants. Let me know if you would like more information on these or other communities.

Justin Poses
Broker l Owner
Premier Texas Realty

Office 512.370.4964
Cell 512.791.0932
Hello Marmale.

Actually, there are several communities that will fit your criteria. A school district "top ranking" is a very subjective term, and one that is fraught with problems when improperly used and/or received. Generally, the feeling around the Austin area is that the Eanes school district is probably the "best" one, with Round Rock, Leander, Hays, and Lake Travis school districts close to it, if not equal.

If you don't have an agent, then contact me to discuss what I can do to help you learn more about our wonderful area and choose the right community for you to settle in. I offer a comprehensive relocation package of information for out of town buyers looking to relocate to the Austin area.

Ron Cullinan
Avalar Austin
Depending on proximity to where you might be working, the first one that comes to mind that is most similar to your area is Steiner Ranch. If you're not you're working with a Realtor, feel free to contact me tomorrow and I'd be happy to assist you. If that is not in the area you're looking(West side, out near Lake Travis), I will be happy to find you another community that is where you'd like to be. I work all over the greater Austin area and I'm sure I could find something to your liking…

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Assoc. 2012)
Call 512-261-4415