Home Buying in Scottsdale>Question Details

colbycrd, Home Buyer in Scottsdale, AZ

Where to find a newer home in the 250K range that is 4 bedroom rooms and >2500 sq feet. I do not want a pool because of small children

Asked by colbycrd, Scottsdale, AZ Sat May 5, 2012

Answers

15
There are limited new home builds in the Scottsdale area. The east side of Scottsdale or the northern area would seem to have the newest builds...possibly the McDowell Mtn. Ranch community. Give me a call and let's find one. 480-363-0945
How would you rank the following? This will help us identify the correct area.

Bedrooms?

Square Foot?

School District?

Location?

Amenities?

Investment?

What else is important to you?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Hi Colbycrd,
If you send me your e-mail, I would love to forward you some home listings in Scottsdale, Desert Ridge, North Phoenix Area that are within the price range you spicify. Do you know which school Distric the children will be attending?
Grace Adewumi
Realty One Group
602-769-0890
gracea@realtyoneaz.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Colbycrd,

you have some great realtors to choose from. I would recommend setting up a interview with myself and these agents. Choose the agent that you feel "CLICKS" with you. Many of the Az realtors work really well together so hire a front man(or woman) and let one of use find your perfect home.

Good searching.

Jason
Equity Builder Realty
http://www.INSTANTRENTERS.COM
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
One of the things that I like to ask first is where will you be working? As you may know the valley is quite large and commutes can be horrendous and expensive (especially with $4 gas).

Also you mentioned you have children which implies that schools will be important.

I find it best to identify the place where you will be working and some of the better schools for your situation and then use a map/radius search to locate homes within a reasonable distance to the amenities you need.

If you contact me with some additional details I will be happy to set up a radius search in the MLS that will give you the information you desire. Once we narrow down the area and available homes we can start visiting them to find the one that says "Welcome Home" to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
I have found one that is 3500' for $249900 with no pool. It has 6 bedrooms.
D. Elizabeth Vincent
azvalleyofthesunhomes@cox.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
OK. Here you go. Look over the answers from the realtors in this forum. Most all of them have good insight into this market. Pick one (or two) that answer the way you might. Give them a call. "Interview" them on the phone. Pick one. Let them show you the home you are looking for. It is not rocket science. There may or may not be a newer home, as you requested, right now in the location you are considering. But, most good agents will know where to take you to show you the best value for the money you are qualified to spend.

After 42 years of selling all over the metro area, I can verify what I just said.

Good luck. It is a GREAT time to buy !!!

Phil Griffith, Associate Broker
Russ Lyon Sothebys
602-330-7860 (c)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
HI Colbycrd

Scottsdale and Desert Ridge will not be an option at $250k yet there are many areas throughout the valley if "newer" is 2000 year or younger you could look on the valley perimeter from Surprise to Anthem, Tolleson/Goodyear, south Phoenix, Queen Creek and East Gilbert. This price point is also very competitive with nearly a mere 2month supply so ability to offer on a home quickly is important yet most buyers are getting multiple offers with cash winning them over due to no appraisal contingency.

That being said I urge the market to not support another 2005 practice. Sellers/ Realtors/ Buyers an increase in market value is perfectly fine but taking for example a market priced home of $185 and taking $220 is an 18% increase....overnight....be careful EVERYONE...we do not want to put buyers in to the same situation to make them sellers underwater. This is just one example of a recent bidding war.

I think we do need to rely on appraised value and comparables, allow the market to improve of course but we are not in a balanced market and the shift is sharper than average right now and needs to be careful, just sayin.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Chandler, Gilbert, Peoria have wonderful communities that are newer and offer 2500 sq. ft.

Sharon Glick ABR., e-PRO
Realty ONE Group
7975 N. Hayden Road #A-101
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Off: 480-315-1240
Email: Sharong75@cox.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
All things considered, I find the best values, in this price range, when taking into account the quality of the neighborhoods are in Gilbert and Chandler.

Give me a call or email me and I will be happy to send you a list of homes that meet your criteria.

Robin Fink
480-794-0256
robinfink @cox.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Peoria, Glendale, Cave Creek, Desert Ridge, if you are lucky prices are going back up
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
There are plenty of homes that meet this criteria in the east and west valley. You will find them in Gilbert, Chandler, Goodyear, Surprise, North Phoenix, Glendale, Peoria, Anthem. Are any of these areas ones you were thinking of? Unfortunately you will not find this size and price in Scottsdale in a newer home. Check out the link for a search tool of all homes that we have access to as agents.
Regards
Lorrie Feld
Keller Williams Integrity First
480-570-1074
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Please feel free to use the Official FREE MLS IDX link on my website to search for homes:
http://www.CunninghamHomesAZ.com
It is the most accurate way to search.

We would also be able to set up an automated search for you so that you will receive homes that meet your criteria as they come on the market.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further help in finding your home!

Brenda

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
602-980-3133
Ron: 602-499-0694
http://www.CunninghamHomesAZ.com

*Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley"
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Are you looking in Scottsdale only, or Tempe is OK, too?
You can search like a realtor from my web-site - I have a great tool there.
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
For that price range, number of bedrooms and area, it is very difficult.

There is ONE HOME that matches your criteria. Below is al ink to that home and the 10 most affordable homes in Scottsdale that match your criteria.

Donald Keys
REALTOR Since 1997
(602) 750-1744
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012