Home Buying in Great Falls>Question Details

Paul Gormley, Home Buyer in Great Falls, MT

Where to buy in Great falls?

Asked by Paul Gormley, Great Falls, MT Sat Nov 14, 2009

We will be moving to great falls in March 2010 as I am getting stationed at Malmstrom and the wife and I are looking at buying a home and were curious what is the best area of the town to be looking at? We dont have children so proximity to a school isnt a factor but we do want to live in a nice neighborhood. Any advice anyone can give? Thanks all.

Answers

2
Melaine Loy’s answer
Hello Paul,

My name is Melaine Loy and I am the Broker/Owner Of Real Estate Salutions of Great Falls. I came to Geat Falls via Malmstrom as well and retired in 2001. Our office is located less than a mile outside the gate and I enjoy helping military families. There are a lot of options for you and it really depends on how far from the base you want to be and the price range you are looking in. We have lots of old homes and plenty of newer and new construction. No where in Great falls is more than 15 -20 minutes from the base. I would be more than willing to help you with your moving details and help you get familiar with the Great Falls area and the homes available in your price range. I will post my website for you and my contact information is available. I hope to hear from you the two of you soon. Thanks

Melaine
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 14, 2009
Hi Paul,

My name is Amber Corrow and I am a Broker with ERA American Horizon Realty. We are the local brokerage for the CARTUS network which works with the military lender, USAA. I have been in the Great Falls area for 28 years. My father was stationed at Malmstrom and when he retired, we stayed. My family has been here for over 50 years now.

To answer your question, much will depend on what your price range is going to be. There are several very nice areas in Great Falls with prices ranging from $165000 and up. The upper Riverview area seems to be popular with quite a bit of newer construction with an average price of $259000. One of my more favorite areas is the Fox Farm area. Values in this area are around $200000. The other area I would recommend would be the Christianson Addition with values starting in the mid $200000 range. Again, newer construction.

There are several other nice neighborhoods in our area since we are a small town :) but those are the areas I would start with if that is within your range. If that is a bit higher than you are thinking, then I would look at the upper east side which is very close to the base with an average value of $145000. If you would like, I could search for homes within your range and send you available listings, or if you aren't sure yet what you would like to do or who you will be working with for a Realtor, you can go to our website and search for homes there. We have a link that allows you to search all available listings in the Great Falls and surrounding areas. My website is http://www.eragreatfalls.com.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you. Have a great day!

Amber D. Corrow, Broker