Bigboy, Home Buyer in North Miami Beach, FL

Where to buy in Florida?

Asked by Bigboy, North Miami Beach, FL Wed Jul 22, 2009

I would like to move to Florida and I am not sure which city in Florida to choose. I have a limited budget for housing and I like to be close to the water and I like a city with culture and things to do so that I don;t get bored.

Answers

4
For the most part, Florida is not the most "cultural" of states- there are many historic locations in and around Orlando, South Beach, St. Pete,, etc. I like the south east coast over the west coast- it is a matter of personal choice. Many people get bored in a pool of action- while other are enternained in a tranquil and quiet setting.
Good Morning,
In my opinion, the number one thing to do is decide what lifestyle you want. There are great buys all over Florida. In the past year I have been looking for property all over and depending on your budget and what you want we could find you something you would love. You have to explore different areas and different property types. Let me know which areas you are interested in and we could start a search. I have been pulling up properties all over Florida for a friend and learning something new every time.
Look forward to helping you find your dream home.

Genny
pgrealty@hotmail.com
800-819-2788
http://www.puntagordarealty.com
My recommendation: research first.

I agree with Bill that the Sarasota/Venice area is beautiful, but most likely you will receive "hometown" recommendations galore with additional answers. So hop over to yahoo, money magazine or any other site that offers "places rated" or a similar feature and take your pick from there. All the things which may be important to you - culture, sports, vincinity to water, crime rates, housing prices – can be filtered there, and it will give you a great head start.

From there, contact realtors in your top three or four areas, be upfront that you are still undecided, and ask for area recommendations. And then go visit and have fun! Once you're down here and look around, it'll all fall into place - nothing beats a personal look-see.

Hope the Fort Lauderdale-Delray area is in your target zone too -
and all the best,

Tobias Kaiser, MS, CIPS
Greater Fort Lauderdale Real Estate Broker + Consultant
Certified International Property Specialist
Big,

Florida is a wonderful location that offers a quality of life that attracts people of all ages. We recommend making plans to see some different areas for yourself and relying on your own perspective as opposed to others.

With this said......we could easily create a list of a dozen places that we would recommend but # 1 would be the Sarasota/Venice area.

Best wishes
The Eckler Team