Home Buying in Corvallis>Question Details

Melanie Juen…, Other/Just Looking in Lebanon, OR

Where is there land for sale that I can build a yurt on an am not required to build a permanent dwelling on?

Asked by Melanie Juenke, Lebanon, OR Fri Jan 25, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3091198075-2115-NW-Circle-Blv…

Answers

3
I have very good friends in Corvallis who own a home with small acreage. They built a yurt in their back-yard. I would be happy to connect you with them. I can do a search on lot and land listings in the Corvallis area, and email the to you as well. I work at Coldwell Banker Valley Brokers in Corvallis. My direct email is sassyseph@gmail.com or sgaratea@valleybrokers.com.
Hi There,

I have a friend who was able to do this in Manzanita OR (or its county) but not without considerable grief. You'll want to check with the cities or counties you are interested in. As this question rarely comes up, and zoning laws change, it's not something a Realtor would necessarily know off the top of their head. I do think you'd have better luck in an unincorporated (county) area than within the city limits but it doesn't hurt to ask. The department you want to start with is Planning and Zoning.
Hope that helps. Good luck! Christine
Do you need to be "in town"? That will be an issue. But if you are willing to go outside of town you should be able to do this. Look at MLS No 650402..., my listing on Judy Lane