Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Tonton, Home Buyer in Bergenfield, NJ

Where is the best school district in houston tx?

Asked by Tonton, Bergenfield, NJ Wed Feb 2, 2011

Friendswood is a highly rated exemplary school district located in the city of Friendswood, a suburb just south of Houston.. Check out greatschools.org
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
School and district performance is dynamic and can depend on the specific school, not just the district. Check out the Texas Education Agency (TEA) website. They have an accountability system that will show you everything you want to know. The link is on my website. (See below.) Even districts are facing financial challenges that can effect overall performance.
All public school districts across Texas are graded at the individual school level, then the district level. Results are posted for review. Exemplary is the highest ranking, very difficult for the larger school districts to obtain, but easier for smaller districts. Then Recognized and finally Acceptable ratings.

Many of my relocation buyers typically zero in on a highly ranked elementary or high school in an area of town they want to be in. Examples would include Cy-Fair HS in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Cinco Ranch HS in Katy ISD.

Many factors go into the rankings so you need to understand how they work. What is "best" is up for discussion, but there are many excellent public schools to select from. Over 33 school districts in the 8 county Houston area.

Let me know where your want to be in Houston and I will forward more detailed school information. When your in town, I can arrange a tour at any school you wish to see.

Mark McNitt
Bernstein Realty
m 832-567-4357
That depends on what is important to you. I have heard good and bad about all of them. Do your homework and find the best fit for your kids.
Try researching online: http://www.tea.state.tx.us/