Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

Sheena B, Home Buyer in 89129

Where is the best place to start for home loan?

Asked by Sheena B, 89129 Sat Feb 9, 2013

I was to get pre approved. Is a credit union ideal? Do they have the best rates? A credit union has already given me a car loan and credit card in the past. I have a credit score in the 700s with a stable income and a job I've been at for 6 years.

Answers

3
We are a mortgage broker, North American Financial. We have the capability and experience to find you a loan that's right for you. We use many different lenders for the best program for your needs.Take the first step and get a pre-approval with us.. We also have a Real estate co. that can find you a home. In other words, we can do everything under one roof so why stress
Please call me Johnny Peters, 939-2474
Hi - I would suggest contacting my preferred lender, Tim Deibert, All Western Mortgage 702 369-0905. He is a broker and can be quite competitive. He is honest and efficient. Then compare with the credit union and be sure to compare points, processing fees, doc prep fees, underwriting fees as well as they interest rate. Hope this info helps.
Hi , it really depends on what you are trying to do . Do you have money saved ? Are you a first time homebuyer ? Do they have special programs available . The best thing to do is to get a Truth In Lending statement and compare . You don't want to pull your credit too many times so plan and make appointments close to each other and then decide what is best for you . You may want to take a homebuyer education course live or online . And perhaps some one on one counseling would help too . There are non profit organizations that provide down payment assistance to those that meet certain requirements . Large banks like Chase, Wells Fargo and Bank of America are called CRA lenders , that means Community Reinvestment Act . They must lend money at a lower rate to small Buisness and first time homebuyers to spur economic growth . They may also cover some of your closing costs . However they can only lend their products . A mortgage broker can shop all possible loans for you and get you the best rate but the fees may be higher . At any rate you really should educate yourself before you den start to shop a loan . Here is a website that offers an online homebuyer class . There is a fee for taking the class . Studies show that an educated homebuyer is able to sustain a home. Here's the website http://www.hopehomefoundation.org. The class is called Framework . If you prefer a live class or wish to learn more about programs available to you please feel free to contact me . I hope that helps answer your question .