Home Buying in Rochester>Question Details

Cnl1223, Home Buyer in Rochester, NY

Where is the best place to look for owner financing/rent to own homes outside of the city?

Asked by Cnl1223, Rochester, NY Mon Jul 29, 2013

I currently own a 3 family and live in one of the units. I would like to get my son and I out of the city and keep my property but I can not yet get approved for a conventional loan until I can collect rent for the 3rd apt and claim it on my taxes. I would love to find a owner finance/rent to own option outside of the city but I have no idea where to look.

Answers

4
I would be more than happy to search for a home for you that has either owner financing or a rent
to own option. We have a special criteria section that real estate agents can access. Call me or email me and we can get you started on a search immediately.

Another option you could think about is renting yourself, on a month to month, until you meet your requirements for that income. Then you could search for your ideal home, giving you better choices, and have more flexability for your move after the closing.

Linda Allyn-Welborn
585-341-8736
lallyn@kw.com
Good evening,
Thank you for the question.
We are able to do searches that will tell us if an owner is willing to hold a first mortgage or to do a lease to own.
Raymond Camp
Owner Financing and Private Funding is available, just hard to find. Often times your best opportunity will come from an owner that has owned the property for a long time or does not have a mortgage. Under the right conditions there are incentives for owners to offer financing.

So you can 1.) Set up a search for a home that offers "owner financing"
or
2.) Find a property you like and work with a private lender.

Currently, there are some great multi-family units available outside of the city.

As a landlord, investor and agent, I would be happy to help you further. Just email your contact info to realtordanarusnak@gmail.com and I will be in contact
It's tough to find them yourself, but as a Realtor, I'd be happy to look them up for you on the MLS. I could also set up a search so you'd receive new rent-to-own listings as soon as they hit the market. Feel free to e-mail me at kwahlhomes@gmail.com or call me at (585) 455-5524 if you'd like to discuss it more.

Have a great evening,

Kristen Wahl
Re/Max Plus